Preemies
Options

Intro from a former August 2011 mama

Hi ladies!

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and figured it was about time I introduced myself. I'm a former August 2011 board mama (my baby was originally due Aug. 1), but I ended up delivering her May 3 after an ultrasound showed that the blood flow to baby through the umbilicial cord was not good, and I began developing pre-e. Michaela Grace was delivered at 27w1d via c-section, and due to IUGR, was born weighing 1 lb, 6 oz. It has been a very scary and stressful four weeks, but Kayla is doing great. She now weighs just over 2 lbs, and has been tolerating her feedings really well. She was on CPAP for only a few hours after her birth, and has been on a 3L high-flow cannula ever since. Her apnea and brady episodes always worry me, but I've been told numerous times that this is totally normal for preemies and that she should eventually outgrow this. The estimate before she was born was that she'd probably be able to come home in mid-July.

I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I've joined you on this rollercoaster ride of becoming a preemie parent! Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Intro from a former August 2011 mama

• Options
    kck329kck329 member
    Welcome! Glad to hear your DD is doing so well. I hope she continues to have an uneventful NICU stay!
  • Options
    Welcome.  It sounds like your LO is doing great!  I hope things continue to go smoothly and you get to take your LO home sooner rather than later. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!  Sounds like you're DD is doing awesome!  Hope your NICU stay is uneventful and short!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! A's and B's are part of the rollor coaster - I still get scared at them but it is true that they grow out of them.  I hope your LO does soon~
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ijackijack member
    I don't really want to have to welcome you here, but I will ;) I'm glad Kayla is still doing so well, I think about you guys a lot!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"