May 2011 Moms
Options

Poor latching after 4 weeks

Hi!  My newbie is 4 weeks tomorrow.  She's been nursing like a champ since she was born; however, in the past week, her latch has become rather shallow, & she causing some pain latching on, no matter what i do to help her.  What suggestions does anyone have??  

Re: Poor latching after 4 weeks

• Options

Every once in a while Elliott does this as well. I pull him off my nipple when he's doing it wrong, then I actually press my finger up againts my nipple so he bites onto both and gets a bigger/deeper bite. Give it a try, it could work for you. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    struggling with this today, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemellydawn84:

Every once in a while Elliott does this as well. I pull him off my nipple when he's doing it wrong, then I actually press my finger up againts my nipple so he bites onto both and gets a bigger/deeper bite. Give it a try, it could work for you. Good luck!

I do this too.  I squeeze my breast and make a big sandwich, push DD on when mouth is wide, then make sure the lips are flanged out, the slowly release after it feels comfy.  I sometimes pull her away slightly to make sure there is good suction.  Then I can take my hand off the breast and relax while she is eating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Us, too.  He gets a lot of air (poor baby, I can hear the bubbles getting into his tummy) and pulls away, latches on again poorly and gets bubbles, pulls away...lather, rinse repeat.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"