Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

bottle warmer

i can't find the search engine on here so forgive this (probably) thousandth post asking this.  it seems to me a bottle warmer would become more of a nuisance than anything.  if the baby's hungry, it's hungry now and won't understand the concept of warming a bottle.  but did you find it useful in the long-run?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: bottle warmer

• Options
    Never used one, didn't find it necessary.  If I needed to heat up bm in a bottle, I would just stick a cup of water in the microwave and then the bottle in the cup. 
  • Options

Nope, never used one.  I actually gave mine away, mainly because I wanted it out of my house (I received it from another mama who never used it).

My DD would drink an ice-cold bottle if she needed to.  I believe in teaching LOs to be adaptable...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We BF but when we give DS a bottle of pumped milk, we just warm it up in a glass of hot water. 

The best way to search the bump boards is to do an advanced search on Google.  Type in what you're looking for and then put community.thebump.com in the space that says 'search within a site or domain.'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    imageCrazyToast:

Nope, never used one.  I actually gave mine away, mainly because I wanted it out of my house (I received it from another mama who never used it).

My DD would drink an ice-cold bottle if she needed to.  I believe in teaching LOs to be adaptable...

I nannied for a little girl who wouldn't  take a bottle unless it was completely warm.  it wasn't until she was a year she would take a luke-warm bottle.  I found it soooooo obnoxious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You hit the nail on the head. We used a warmer for the first week and I hated it! The 5 minutes it took to warm the bottle were the longest 5 minutes of my life when I had a screaming newborn. My DS could not have cared less if it was warm, room temp, or cold. He just did NOT want to wait for it. The best decision I made was throwing that thing out!
  • Options
    We use Dr. Browns warmer all of the time. Sometimes a little warm milk helps soothe the baby. Plus using the warmer is safer than the microwave.
  • Options

imagemillardk17:
    We use Dr. Browns warmer all of the time. Sometimes a little warm milk helps soothe the baby. Plus using the warmer is safer than the microwave.

this. i'd put the dr browns warmer towards the top of my list as far as our must-haves. it does take 4ish minutes to warm the bottle but it's quicker than waiting for the faucet to get hot to fill up a bowl with water to then put the bottle in (what we used to do). and there's no way i'd ever warm a bottle in the microwave. plus, you just throw the bottle in the warmer, change LO's diaper, and the bottle is just about ready if you time it right.

i've heard people say that you're making it so LO will only drink a warm bottle but that's not at all what i've found. DS has always been fine with room temp and when i've had to feed him a cold bottle straight from a cooler, he didn't have a problem with it at all (except the cold bottle made him spit up a bit more). 

Anniversary

• Options
    I don't find it a necessity but it's nice to have just in case. I received a Tommee Tippee and a Munchkin one. Returned the more expensive one since all the bottle warmer reviews i've read were about the same. People complain of them no longer working after a few weeks. I'll keep the one i've got for now & return it if I really don't find a use for it.
  • Options
    We use our bottle warmer for LO's every bottle, except when we're not at home. It only takes 2 minutes to warm up a refrigerated bottle. DS doesn't mind taking a cold bottle when we're out, so I don't think it has spoiled him at all.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"