Breastfeeding
Options

Won't take a bottle, sigh!

DD used to take a bottle just fine, but just in the past week, she wants nothing to do with it! She screams at DH nonstop when he tries to give it. I've left the room and I've even left the *house* and she still won't take it. We've tried four different kinds of bottles and she screams at all of them. She may take a couple of sips and then screech.

It doesn't matter if it's formula or breastmilk in the bottle. Either way she screams. 

I'm concerned because I need to go out and do things from time to time and my husband can't help. It's frustrating him. I don't feel comfortable leaving the home not knowing if she'll eat or scream at him :(

Do you guys have any tips at all on how we can do this? 

Re: Won't take a bottle, sigh!

• Options
    Have you tried the "Breastflow" bottle? They sell them at target.It mimics the flow and let down of your breast so it's not such a big difference. It's what my LO uses whenever I need to do something or even eat a little spicy food.Hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I feel your pain.  We went through this as well and it's really stressful for everyone. 

We tried every trick in the book and 2 things finally made the difference for us: 

1. On our 6th bottle, Playtex drop-ins, we finally saw an improvement.  We warmed the nipple as well. 

2. We only offered the bottle for 2 days.  This was the hardest part, as none of us were happy about it, but she eventually accepted it.  When we reintroduced the breast, we still did bottle bottle breast bottle bottle breast, etc.  Now we are back to breast or bottle when it works for us, but we always do at least 1 bottle a day. 

She still has a strong preference for the breast-- some bottle-feeds are through hysterics, but we try to get through them as best that we can. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep we tried the BreastFlow. She likes that one the best of all of them, but she only takes a few sips. Maybe it's the formula we tried?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"