Preemies
Options

New to board

Hello,

I'm posting to this board today because I was just discharged from the hospital after giving birth to a 2lb baby girl at 29 weeks gestation.  I don't know how to feel and nothing seems to make me feel better.  I've been reading your stories and find them inspiring.  I just wanted to say hello.  

Re: New to board

• Options

Welcome to the board  We've all been there :) it will get better and easier.  Hope your nicu stay is short and uneventful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    Welcome. This is a difficult time, and it really helps to talk to someone about how you are feeling. There are happy days and sad days, but it will get easier. Hope your little one comes home soon!
    TTC#1 since 12/06 1st IVF w ICSI: 6/14/10 -- BFP!...low beta... chemical preg. 2nd IVF = August 19 16 -- 18 eggs September 2- BFP! September 16th - TWINS! Due May 9th Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kck329kck329 member

Welcome to our board, sorry you are joining us.

Tell us more about your LO. How is she doing?

My DD was born at 27 weeks and just came home after a 72 day stay in the NICU. It doesn't get "better" but it does get easier. Give yourself space to feel however you need to, even if its just shock. Spend as much time as you can with your daughter but don't feel guilty for needing a break. You can get through this and this board is really supportive when you need to talk with other moms who know what its like to have a preemie.

• Options

Hi t1nkfan!

I see you are from Falls Church. I'm from Haymarket. Are you at Inova Fairfax NICU? That's where my babies stayed! Just wanted to say Hi! 

TTC#1 since 12/06 1st IVF w ICSI: 6/14/10 -- BFP!...low beta... chemical preg. 2nd IVF = August 19 16 -- 18 eggs September 2- BFP! September 16th - TWINS! Due May 9th Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    imageamanthasam:

Hello,

I'm posting to this board today because I was just discharged from the hospital after giving birth to a 2lb baby girl at 29 weeks gestation.  I don't know how to feel and nothing seems to make me feel better.  I've been reading your stories and find them inspiring.  I just wanted to say hello.  

I can so relate to this statement.  Dealing with the postpartum recovery and the nicu experience has certainly been something that I'll never forget.  I'd never wish it on my worst enemy either.   I'm 17 days in and I can't say it is easier.  However, H and I have a routine that is working for us.  Does it still suck?  Yes.  But, it is better than it was before.

Vent or post any time.  The ladies on here have helped me a lot.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Welcome to the board! I have found tons of good info on this board, and everyone has been really supportive through this journey. It's a tough journey. Hugs to you.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Welcome! My girls were born at 27weeks 2days, since I had triplets I knew they would be born early and have a long stay in the NICU. Even knowing that, it was hard to deal with at first. I hope your LO has an easy stay in the NICU.
  • Options

Welcome but I mostly lurk here.

My daughter was born at 27 weeks, 3 days at 2.5 lbs and that was long ago.

I check on this board sometime to offer help or different perspectives for a new mom with a preemie.

If you check my bio, you will see a 25 year old bride, healthy and beautiful.

That's my 27 weeker who was given only 20% chance of survival back then.

Listen to the regulars here.  Something like the Bump didn't exist when my daugher was born but I certinly wish it had!

I'm totally open for questions and advice if you choose to use it.  You can PM me or email ootmother@yahoo.com

Don't be shy about using it, I'm generally around.

• Options

Welcome but I mostly lurk here.

My daughter was born at 27 weeks, 3 days at 2.5 lbs and that was long ago.

I check on this board sometime to offer help or different perspectives for a new mom with a preemie.

If you check my bio, you will see a 25 year old bride, healthy and beautiful.

That's my 27 weeker who was given only 20% chance of survival back then.

Listen to the regulars here.  Something like the Bump didn't exist when my daugher was born but I certinly wish it had!

I'm totally open for questions and advice if you choose to use it.  You can PM me or email ootmother@yahoo.com

Don't be shy about using it, I'm generally around.

• Options
    vigurlvigurl member
    imagekatie4253:
    imageamanthasam:

Hello,

I can so relate to this statement.  Dealing with the postpartum recovery and the nicu experience has certainly been something that I'll never forget.  I'd never wish it on my worst enemy either.   I'm 17 days in and I can't say it is easier.  However, H and I have a routine that is working for us.  Does it still suck?  Yes.  But, it is better than it was before.

Vent or post any time.  The ladies on here have helped me a lot.  

Ditto the PP.  I totally feel exactly what you said about nothing making you feel better.  It's just a hard experience all around.  I do not know what I can say to make you feel better except try to rest b/c it is the only way I have been able to keep my sanity even though sleeping is hard b/c I worry about LO.  I also try to do something for 1 hr a day that does not involve the nicu or the baby or anyone else but myself.  I don't always do it though Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your baby girl.  The twins were born at 27w 3d and after 67 and 95 day stays they are home and doing so well!  I can relate that nothing makes it better, but as pp said, it will get easier.  Good luck and welcome! Wishing you a short stay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your DD. Praying for a short and uneventful NICU stay. Please stick around and post away. The ladies over here have wonderful advice.

• Options

Thank you so much ladies for the kind words. There is some validation in knowing that I'm not alone. There truly are no words that can make me feel better. 

I went to a routine doctors appointment  last Tuesday where it was discovered that my BP was extremely high.  My kidneys started releasing large amounts of protein and within 3 days before I could even blink I have my baby girl.  

I would give anything to be able to hold her, kiss her or change a diaper.  The doctors says she is doing well considering her gestational age.  She now weighs 980 grams (2.1lbs).  She was born at 2 lbs 11 ounces. 

I'm still recovering from my c-section so I'm not as mobile as I would like to be.  I feel so weak.  I wish I could spend most of my time in the hospital with her but the nurses suggested I stay home because my house has a lot of stairs to climb if I leave.  They say messing up my incision would make things worst.  The docs say she will be in the NICU for the next 6 - 10 weeks.  I guess my spouse and I have to come up with some type of routine or schedule of visits.  This is just really overwhelming.

• Options
    Congrats on your baby girl.  My DD was born at 22 weeks 5 days weighing just over one pound.  Weve been in teh NICU for 82 days now.  It is easy to be overwhelmed by the emotional ups an downs.  Take it one day at a time, and dont beat yourself up if you cant get to the NICU as much as you feel you need to.  Its important that you take care of yourself so that you can be there for her.  I remember feeling desperate that I couldnt touch her or hold her, the first time I held her she was almost a month old.  But I say now that i'm proud to be a preemie mom because there wont be a moment with my little girl that I take for granted.  It will get better just know that.  You will fall into a schedule and before you know it she will be coming home! Good luck and please post with questions and vents - these ladies have really helped me
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"