Northern California Babies

nursing bras for large girls

Hello everyone, anyone know where I can get a nursing bra (large size boobies)?  I would like to get at least one that I can take with me to the hospital and then get sized after my milk comes in.

Thanks!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.

Re: nursing bras for large girls

• I just bought a few of the Target nursing tanks (in XL and one in XXL) for the first few weeks.  When L was about 4 weeks I went to Nordstrom and got fitted there for nursing bras. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm too big for Nordies or Target.  Before, I went to a LC who had bras and sort of specialized in large sizes.  She got me a bra that had been discontinued for several years.  Now I'm wearing one from Motherhood but it has an underwire and I wouldn't suggest it for the beginning.  I guess what I'm saying is "I have no idea"  You can also google around for the size you think you may be looking for.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLesley423:
    I just bought a few of the Target nursing tanks (in XL and one in XXL) for the first few weeks.  When L was about 4 weeks I went to Nordstrom and got fitted there for nursing bras. 

I would ditto this exactly.  I have big momma knockers and this is what I did- a nursing tank from Target for the hospital (I got XL because I wanted support, not for it to be too loose, and it was perfect for the beginning) and then once I got home and settled I went to Nordies for a proper fitting.  They are very good and it's well worth the money, but wait til your milk comes in because it's not worth it to spend the $ on the wrong size.

I also got a wireless nursing kind of "jog bra" thing from Cantaloop (I got in on Mama Bargains) and I liked it but I got the XXL and it was too big, I would have LOVED it in XL, maybe worth stalking Mama Bargains because they have them cheap sometimes.  Obviously not the best thing in the world to wear a bra that comes in M, L, XL, ha ha but it will do the job for the first week or two.

Where are you delivering?!?! 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagefricksgirl:

imageLesley423:
    I just bought a few of the Target nursing tanks (in XL and one in XXL) for the first few weeks.  When L was about 4 weeks I went to Nordstrom and got fitted there for nursing bras. 

I would ditto this exactly.  I have big momma knockers and this is what I did- a nursing tank from Target for the hospital (I got XL because I wanted support, not for it to be too loose, and it was perfect for the beginning) and then once I got home and settled I went to Nordies for a proper fitting.  They are very good and it's well worth the money, but wait til your milk comes in because it's not worth it to spend the $ on the wrong size.

I also got a wireless nursing kind of "jog bra" thing from Cantaloop (I got in on Mama Bargains) and I liked it but I got the XXL and it was too big, I would have LOVED it in XL, maybe worth stalking Mama Bargains because they have them cheap sometimes.  Obviously not the best thing in the world to wear a bra that comes in M, L, XL, ha ha but it will do the job for the first week or two.

Where are you delivering?!?! 

Thank you ladies - I'm going to Target tomorrow and will look into it.

I'm delivering at UCD. Just a few weeks away - I CAN'T believe it!! I had a Dr's appt. yesterday and had my 1st internal, holy sh!t, I wasn't expecting it to hurt that bad and it did. Anyway, I'm not dilated yet but my cervix is very soft. We'll see what happens between now and my next appt. on the 9th. Then the last day of work will be the 10th.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • You're getting so so close.  I don't know if mine were considered plus size or not but I got my big ones at motherhood.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I also got fitted at Nordstrom.  The tanks from Target are okay, but I like more support.  I love the Anita brand.  I order them online(ebay is cheaper once you know your size.)  Can't believe you are so close!  Super excited for you Carmen!
  • I like the target tanks for sleeping but like more support during the day. I have a glamour mom and a bravado tank. I like the bravado one the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Check out HerStory in Roseville or the Lactation Center at Sutter in East Sac. They both have a ton of sizes and are really really helpful. Although...beforehand, I would just get the tank and then when your milk comes in invest in a few really good bras. Sooooo excited that you are so close!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"