Preemies
Options

feeding question

My 33 weeker is now 7 days old, adjusted age. He is eating about 4oz each feeding and at 3-4 hour stretches. A couple times he has acted like he was still really hungry after eating the 4oz and ended up taking 5oz. This doesn't happen that often though. 

I'm just wondering how much other 33 weekers were taking at about this age. I know he's gaining weight but i want to make sure he isn't eating too much. He has developed a spit up issue that I will be talking to his pedi about at his next appointment. I have read that it can be caused by too much eating and not enough burping... which sometimes he has an issue with. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers ellie

Re: feeding question

• Options
    It's hard to know what comes first with the volume question. Some kiddo's start to eat more due to it soothing the discomfort caused by reflux. Evan definitely went through a stage where he was eating a lot frequently before his spitting up/puking really started. I don't think I'd limit his intake necessarily though. Working to be sure he's comfortable, there's not a problem with that. Frequent burpings/pauses during meals. Keeping him up right for 20-30 min after eating, and sleeping on an incline if needed can all help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"