Food Allergy
Options

you know what I want to make happen...

I wish for all restaurants to have an allergy info menu available in the store AND to have the info posted online as well. I know that there can easily be cross-contamination, but the info would be beneficial.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Jameson Adam 6/1/11
Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: you know what I want to make happen...

• Options
    blue33blue33 member
    I agree. I usually tell my server about my allergy, but at only 2 restaurants did the manager come out and inform me that I might want to stay away from fried foods, because they fry all seafood, chicken, etc. in the same grease. I am glad they told me, but sad that my choices were so limited.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wouldn't that be nice?  :sigh:

After DD's reacted to seemingly harmless foods (due to cross-contamination, I'm sure) at 3 different restaurants now, we're sticking with Red Robin when she's with us. They have a peanut allergy menu (as well as other allergen-specific menus, I'm told), and the cook who prepares an allergy ticket sanitizes his area and gets clean utensils before preparing the meals. 

Its nice to have somewhere to go that is safe for DD, kid-friendly, and delicious. Thank goodness! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maggiano's is fantastic with food allergies.  They have dedicated gluten free equipment and when I was on an elimination diet while bfing my FA son- our server sent the chef out to meet with me and go through the menu.  My group ordered family style and all of my portions were plated seperately. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I wish!!!!!

i think more and more restaurants are becoming allergy friendly, but it will be a very long road before they make laws out of it. 

I can't wait though

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"