Northern California Babies
Options

Sick and need advice

Over the weekend I came down with some nasty cold (sore throat, sneezing, ect). Yesterday morning, I ate and then got sick shortly later, not sure if it was all of the phlem that made me get sick or actually just sick. It's becoming harder too swallow so I looked in the back of my throat this morning and have one patch of white fuzzish looking stuff. Still no fever though so I'm not sure what to do. I'm 35 weeks on Wednesday and won't see my doc until the 10th. I just saw him Friday when I was feeling fine and I hate to call him because I know I'm kinda a pain in the butt patient as it is. 

On top of feeling like crap, I have to work today because Thursday is my last day before maternity leave.

Any advice would be great.

TIA 

****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Sick and need advice

• Options
    I'd call/e-mail doc.  Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    It's better to call and make sure you and baby are okay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree - I would call too. I hope you feel better soon.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • Options
    jsugrinjsugrin member

I'd call.  I'd bet anything that you've got strep.  It made the rounds in our house last week and although I've had strep upwards of 20 times  I had no idea that it could present with a fever, nausea/vomiting and then crappy throat.  I thought the boys had the flu and had gotten over it when Andrew started saying his throat hurt, tons of spots, checked DH because he had the fever and nausea (no vomiting thanks to Zofran) and he has massive puss spots.  Sure enough they needed antibiotics.

Good luck!

• Options
    So no strep but I do have a massive sinus infection with lots of drainage. thanks for the advice ladies, glad I called the doc :)
    ****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"