TTC after 35
Options

It's in the water...

I just found out 4 people I know are pregnant.

Yesterday, I ran into a woman I worked with in November and was chatting with her for a minute before I looked down and realized she's KU. Happened right after our job together ended, and she's due in August.

Then today 3 people revealed on FB that they are KU. 

It had better wear off on me! Seriously! 

It's funny, I have no problem being around kids and babies. But I get a little jolt every time I see a someone I know who's KU. I'm so envious.

And I was out with some girlfriends last night, 2 of whom have kids. One of them said she doesn't want any more kids, but it breaks her heart that she can't be pregnant again, because she loved it so much. She has 2 gorgeous boys, and I was biting my tongue  trying not to say "You should be happy! I would kill for what you have!"  AAARGH.

Me = 38, Husband = 31. TTC since 1/10. M/C at 8 wks 5/10. Started trying again 9/10. All tests normal: AMH/MIS, FSH, HSG, SA. Estradoil high. 6/20/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN. 7/17/11 - Clomid+IUI#2=BFN. 2 natural cycles = BFN. 10/6/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFN. 10/31/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#4 = BFN. 11/26/11 - Follistim+Ovidrel+IUI#5 = BFN. IVF#1 - Menopur+Follistim. 2 ET 5/11/12 = BFN.

Re: It's in the water...

• Options

I feel what you are feeling! It's like everyone around me is KU...and it really is annoying when the ones who weren't even trying are complaining about being KU!

• Options
    Yesterday I went for a blood test (thyroid check) and both the woman sitting at the registration desk at the lab and the woman who took my blood were ginormously pregnant.  I couldn't help both staring at them and feeling upset.  I really didn't need it right then and there.
    me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    klm195klm195 member
    I can totally relate!!  My BFF is pregnant.  The other night I had a horrible night sleeping (not sure why, just could not get to sleep - until 2 hours before the alarm went off!!).  I was telling her about my sleep and she said "well, wait until your KU and then you'll be up every two hours peeing".  Yeah - I say BRING IT ON!!  I will gladly be up every two hours in the night to pee because I'm pregnant.  And I won't be complaining about it either.
    Married September 2010, ttc since August 2010. So far - nothing
    Me: 40, Husband: 33
    After an emergency D&C on Nov 8, 2011, we are giving up hope of ever becoming pregnant.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"