VBAC
Options

Thought you would know since you all had c sections.....

In your second pregnancies did any of you have an unusual feeling around the area of your cs scar? My belly doesn't hurt but it feels weird. I know I'm not being very descriptive but it's almost like my abs feel constantly sore like I worked out too hard in that area. I really want a VBAC but this is making me paranoid about uterine rupture......i plan to ask my dr when I go but I thought I would check with you guys. Oh and if it matters my section was do to a failed induction. DS had a 15.5 inch head and never dropped enough to cause labor to even really start.

Re: Thought you would know since you all had c sections.....

• Options
    I had twinges and pain there as my belly got bigger.  It is normal and is not an indication of rupture unless it is a constant, extreme pain.  Otherwise, aching and whatnot is normal but definitely mention it at your next appointment.  I had all of those aches and pains and still had a successful VBAC. (And my first was a boy with an enormous head also!)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:
    I had twinges and pain there as my belly got bigger.  It is normal and is not an indication of rupture unless it is a constant, extreme pain.  Otherwise, aching and whatnot is normal but definitely mention it at your next appointment.  I had all of those aches and pains and still had a successful VBAC. (And my first was a boy with an enormous head also!)
    Thank you so much for your reassurance. This pregnancy has just been so different...lol but I guess they all are!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may have adhesions  in the area where your scar healed.  Basically, he healing tissues (uterus, muscle, etc...) adhere to other internal parts when healing...bladder is pretty commonly affected.  That was one thing I noticed in my last pregnancy, that if my bladder got too full I would feel a fair amount of a sort of 'pulling' feeling right at my scar.  When I was under the knife I remember the doctor commenting on significant bladder adhesions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have those pains - and I'm not pregnant.  I have weird nerve pain, some numbness and occasionally achiness around my incision area.  I think it's pretty normal.  Plus, we're all probably extra sensitive about that area.  My pilates instructor has me rough massaging and pinching that area, to promote healing and nerve regeneration.

I would still ask the doctor, though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I found that in my 1st & 2nd tri I had some scar pain/tingling type of thing.  I think it was just everything there stretching out.  Was never an issue.  As I recall from other posts, it's fairly common.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"