Baby Showers
Options

Shower Location

After my mother offered to throw our shower, we went back and forth as to have it at her house (which is small) or at my IL's, who offered to host it as far as location since their house it larger. My mother decided to have it at her house and then decided to redo 1 of 2 bathrooms in the house. The bathroom more then likely will not be done and now she is saying that doesn't think there is enough room for everyone and seems to regret not having it at IL's.

The shower is a little less then a month out, would it be weird or impolite to guests to change the location? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower Location

• Options

I know that if I got an invitation and someone changed the location of the shower it really wouldn't phase me at all.  Unless of course the new location involved flying/significant driving.

• Options

I would say figure out where it's going to be and get a notice out to your guests ASAP. That way everyone knows ahead of time that changes are being made. This isn't something you want to wait til the last minute to do.

I don't think it's impolite, changes happen. As long as you are letting them know in advance, it shouldn't be a problem with most guests.

Good luck! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it is still OK with your IL's to have the shower at their home I would make that decision and then get in touch with the guests ASAP...so they can plan.  Ask them to write the new address on their invite.  If you have email addresses you can contact them that way as well (but I would definitely call first).  The emailing would be to make sure they know.  If you IL's home is much further than your mom's then I would say...no changes.
  • Options
    abell77abell77 member
    I think it's fine to change the location, just make sure everyone is well informed, even people who rsvp no because their plans could change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"