3rd Trimester
Options

XP- Birth Story- My "natural" c-section!

So I didn't think I would post a birth story, figuring no one would care to read it anyway, but I think my story is a wee bit interesting.

I was induced at 40 weeks 6 Days because my baby was measuring 9 lbs and my blood pressure was through the roof. I checked in Wednesday night and was supposed to start cervadil, but they realized I was already in labor (I thought I had a stomach ache!) so they started me on a low level of pitocin instead.  The next morning they kicked the pitocin up to high gear to really get things moving.

Around 2:30 pm I finally asked for an epidural. The anesthesiologist gave it to me and it surprisingly didn't hurt at all. The nurse was like, "Wow that was fast!"

So a little later I tell the anesthesiologist that I don't think the epidural is working and he ups my amount. A little after that I'm like, "It's still not working. I am feeling my contractions." He was a little snide with me and told me for my height/weight that I already had a lot of medication and he was like threatening me with, "Well I can try giving you a little bit more OR we can start the epidural all over again." I was like, "Just try one more time to give me a little more."

This time it worked... for like an hour or so and then started to wear off. I went through 2 more rounds of asking for more meds because it was wearing off.

By 9:30 that night I had not progressed at all and my baby wasn't dropping. The OB believed she was stuck in my hips.  My water had naturally broken a long time before and I developed a fever. We decided that I would need a c-section.

At this point a new anesthesiologist was on duty and it was his job to give me a spinal block. I explained to him that I thought I might need a higher dose of the meds since my epidural had been wearing off all afternoon. He was a little snippy with me and said I would only feel pressure.

They wheel me into the operating room and begin. Again, they said I would feel pressure. Well, I didn't feel pressure, I felt pain! I could feel them cutting and pulling. I felt like my entire stomach was on fire! I started screaming and the anesthesiologist asked me if I wanted to be put to sleep and I was adamantly against it. DH was trying to calm me down. I finally hear the baby scream and then they start fishing for the placenta and I lost control. DH said I was screaming for them to stop and flailing my arms around. The doctors had to pin my arms down and threw a nitrous oxide mask over my face to put me to sleep.

They kicked DH out of the room and he left with the baby for the nursery. I woke up an hour later in recovery all alone and FLIPPED OUT. I was like delusional and couldn't understand in my state why I was by myself. I thought something was wrong with the baby and I began hysterically crying for them to bring her to me. In my state I thought the nurses were lying to me about her being OK just because they wanted to keep me calm. They finally got DH in there with me and I was hysterically crying to him until he finally showed me pictures of the baby.

That's right. I saw pictures of my baby before ever seeing her in person.

Turns out that because I had a fever when I delivered her that they wanted to keep her under the lights until the doctor could check her. Well my doctor was now busy delivering another baby!

I didn't get to see Hannah until she was 2 hours old! 

It was certainly not the birth experience that I was going for, but she is a healthy little girl and have fallen completely in love with her :)

Re: XP- Birth Story- My "natural" c-section!

• Options
    Omg that is scary. She is gorgeous congrats!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options

Aghh oh my gosh! That is insanity...did they ever tell you why they think the meds didn't work?? Crazy, but your baby girl is adoooorable!! She seems so animated for a newborn! Congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry about the crappy birth experience but your little girl is absolutely adorable!
  • Options
    She's beautiful!
  • Options
    Wow. I am so sorry that happened. With #1 I got to see her right after she came out via cesction but didn't get to hold her or see her again for 4 hrs.  I am glad that you little one is doing good.
  • Options
    That is so scary!  But I have to admit that is one extremely adorable baby.  Glad your LO is doing well :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mcatmaymcatmay member
    Insane and scary - i'm so sorry you had to go through that! Absolutely ridiculous! However, your little girl is absolutely perfect - congratulations and hope you feel better soon!
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    WOW!!! thats crazy. Hope youre feeling okay now!! Glad you and baby are ok! Shes beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi Tiff!

Wow, that is scary as hell. I hope you're doing well now. Hannah is just the most precious little girl! 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am sorry that happened to you. I would sue the sh*t out of them. They were not listening to you. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I think it is every woman's worst nightmare. 

Your daughter is beautiful.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    aliskaaliska member
    This.  I would not give up until you have answers.  I'm so sorry for your experience.  Your daughter is beautiful!
    www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awww Tiff!! I am so sorry you had to go through that.  I'm glad that you and beautiful Hannah are both ok!! Congrats again!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    Tongue Tied Yikes!!! Your little girl is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    redsheredshe member
    OMG, sorry you had a bad experience.  But your little girl is so cute, Congrats.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

Wow! That is a crazy, scary story :( I'm sorry that happened to you. But your daughter is ADORABLE :) Enjoy her!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"