March 2011 Moms
Options

FF Babies When to switch nipples?

We're still on slow flow nipples.  What signs should we be looking for to change to faster nipples?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FF Babies When to switch nipples?

• Options
    I don't plan to change unless he shows signs of frustration while eating. RIght now, he's still happy with slow flow. We tried to go to medium flow and he choked and cried. Some people I know never change nipple sizes.
  • Options
    Spin313Spin313 member
    Usually when baby starts taking a much longer time to drink the same amount, or takes less time because he/she is getting lazy and not finishing the bottle

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsjanks:
    I don't plan to change unless he shows signs of frustration while eating. RIght now, he's still happy with slow flow. We tried to go to medium flow and he choked and cried. Some people I know never change nipple sizes.

This. 

• Options
    It's just taking him *so*long to eat.  45 minutes at least. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I tried to switch to medium when he started taking 30+ minutes. But he's always been a slow and steady eater. He fluxuates from 15-45 minutes. Usually, it's about 20 before he's done. It also depends on how tired he is, but ironically he is quicker during the middle of the night feedings... I guess because it's longer between feedinds than during the day.

Like I said before, I was trying to rush him to finish and he didn't like it. He choked on the medium flows. Also, he has bad gas, and eating faster will make it worse. So I just decided to suck it up and stay on slow flow.

• Options

We're not planning on changing the nipples unless DD is frustrated as well. She has slowed down her eating the last week or so, but sometimes out of the blue will still gulp her formula down and then end up choking.

We just suck up the longer feeds as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"