Childless not by choice
Options

Very thankful for this board!

Wow!  I just found this board tonight and I'm happy to see it!  I used to "bump" a lot (under a different username) but stopped for several months.  DH and I really want to have a baby and are physically, emotionally, and financially prepared to do so.  However with the economy, neither of us have guaranteed jobs or health insurance.  I know we're doing the right thing by waiting until these things are in place, but it's very difficult sometimes, especially since we're at that age where all of our friends are getting pregnant and starting families.  I'm glad to have the support on this board!

Re: Very thankful for this board!

• Options

I think Babies Not on the Brain over on The Nest might be better for you. This board is for ladies who are trying to adjust to the idea that they may never or will never have children, not just child free because they haven't tried yet.

I wish you well in your journey!

• Options

1. If you don't have secure jobs or insurance you probably aren't "financially ready".

2. I thought this was for people who are not going to have children... ever, not waiting for time to be right or for a treatment to be successful. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well first of all, I didn't read anywhere that there were requirements for joining this board.  Second of all, we are financially ready in terms of having enough money in our savings to start a family and have a firm idea of the budget changes necessary.  That's important too.
  • Options
    I understand the intent of this board, but I think it is destined to fail. You will always get people here that are complaining about it's very exisistence or understanding it's true purpose.
    "Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
  • Options
    imageBitterWretchedWoman:
    I understand the intent of this board, but I think it is destined to fail. You will always get people here that are complaining about it's very exisistence or understanding it's true purpose.
    I don't think it's destined to fail. I think it will depend on who decides to live here. If a cozy group of people move over, it won't matter who doesn't like or understand it. It's obviously not for everyone.
  • Options

imagemmariluh:
    I don't think it's destined to fail. I think it will depend on who decides to live here. If a cozy group of people move over, it won't matter who doesn't like or understand it. It's obviously not for everyone.

Considering the fact that I was only the third person to post and got ripped by two people and the suggestion to move to another board?  Yeah... not exactly inviting in my book. 

• Options
    imageKikiCohen:

imagemmariluh:

Considering the fact that I was only the third person to post and got ripped by two people and the suggestion to move to another board?  Yeah... not exactly inviting in my book. 

That's because you are "choosing" to "live child free" temporarily because of the economy.

I think that the women who are posting here have simply exhausted all their options.

You still have options.  Do you or you husband have fertility issues?  Are you AMA?  Have you miscarried?  Are you simply at the end of your rope?  If this description fits you, then you probably would want to post here.  Otherwise, you would probably be more comfortable on TTGP.  There are women on there that are actively TTA, which is what it seems like you are doing.

This is a board where there is a 99.9% chance of not seeing a BFP announcement...get it?

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"