Hawaii Babies
Options

mrs ziz and lori

Hi Ladies-

I hope you are both doing well and Sarah congrats on Grayson-he is ADORABLE!!!  You are so very blessed and lucky.

Don't know what possessed me to come to the board-just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing-hawaii nest board is super quiet.  As for me-I just came back from a much needed vacation in nicaragua-got to embrace my inner 25 year old-pictures to follow soon on FB

Anyway, Sarah-saw your post about fitness and working out and here is my 2 cents on this- i have always belonged to gyms, yoga studios, had private trainers for pilates, yoga, weights etc....anyway when the economy tanked and my time became more precious (and I developed a greater fear of mrsa and staph) i stopped my gym memberships and started buying workout video programs and some free weights and frankly with some diet tweaks i am in better shape now at 40 than i have ever been!  There are some great programs out there-I love Shaun T insanity and boy will you get great results with this, plus beachbody has an online support community-Chalene Extreme is great too for incorporating weights, and people swear by p90x-anyhoo hope that helps.

So I also saw your post on diaper rash and here is my 2 cents on that.  When i was a baby i would get the worst diaper rash-(the joys of being a redhead-super sensitive skin)  my mom would bathe me in butter milk or apply cold buttermilk compresses to the area and this saved my skin-i still use this trick as an adult when my skin gets irritated-just wanted to share.

Re: mrs ziz and lori

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member

Alix!! So good to hear from you. I've watched your FB posts, I'm so jealous of your fun trip! :) I bet it was amazing. You look incredible BTW! 

As for working out, I have worked out at home but now with two little ones on two completely different schedules it's too hard to do it at home. It sucks because that's what I would like to do but it's not realistic for me. I've tried and I end up only working out for 5 mins here or there and by the end of the day it's maybe 30 mins total, which isn't enough to kick this body into MILF mode :) I've heard P90X rocks! I did MTC before I had kids and it really kicked me into the best shape of my life, I had a nice belly not to mention my arms looked stellar... but not so much now! I look like a frumpy dumpy mama :) THough I wouldn't trade it for the world!! It's amazing.

Buttermilk huh? That sounds like a great idea, I bet it would really help. You saw my major post and how we spent $$ at the derm to tell me nothing fabulous really but for my girl, I had to see what they said. I'll try the buttermilk thing though too! I'm all for anything natural.

thanks for stopping in, I'm so glad you are doing well! 

• Options

Hi Alix,

So nice to "see" you here! I cannot wait to drool over your vacay pics. I hear you on being freaked out by MRSA and Staph...ew. Now that J is in his clinical rounds I am concerned about him bring that junk home! I love BeachBody.com and really enjoy their Yoga Booty Ballet line of DVDs.

Thanks for the tip on the diaper rash treatment with buttermilk. It must neutralize the acid or something. I know Chrisitine has posted before about using Mylanta on diaper rashes as well. I'll have to pick up some organic buttermilk the next time I am at Whole Foods and give it a try.

:-) Lori

• Loading the player...
  • Options

HI ladies-

Sarah-first of all you will so be back at MILF status in another month-I know it.  You are so very lucky to have such a wonderful family-sometimes i wonder if I am making a mistake being childless but then again there are so many venice kids that I am like a second mom to so that has been rewarding as well-plus with my age I think the decision is being made for me.  Anyway, it must be tough with your schedule but another recommendation is get some dumbells that you can keep around the house and if you have a spare 10 minutes or so do bicep curls or tri cep dips whatever-something is always better than nothing.  I was surprised how quickly my body changed with minimal weight work.

Lori-thanks for the compliment-gotta keep those young 20 somethings on their toes!!!  The buttermilk really is great i dip old cotton tee shirts in it and use them as compresses great for sunburn also

talk soon

xo

• Options

*** jumping in ***

HI ALIX!!!!!!!!!!!! miss you!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

and i hear ya! that board is quiet. sometimes i go their and post just to get stuff going =)

*** jumping out ***

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • Options
    :::::waves::::::   hi Alix :) i agree that it's good to see you here! i'm sorry i don't stop by the other board anymore, i just don't have enough time :(
  • Options

imagemrspresley:
    :::::waves::::::   hi Alix :) i agree that it's good to see you here! i'm sorry i don't stop by the other board anymore, i just don't have enough time :(

This is me, too. Sad It's all I can do just to check in here...I miss you guys! Feel free to stop in on this board any time, it's good to hear from you!

• Options
    hi girls-miss you too!!  i will for sure stop by here from time to time and say hi-its fun to see what you are all up to....i am also on FB-in face a bunch of pictures just went up from my recent nicaragua trip....xo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"