Eco-Friendly Family
Options

F/U: Mom vent (now it's a sister vent too)

When I spoke with my mom again on Monday to tell her that DH's car would be getting fixed Thursday morning and once done we would leave to come to her house she got all irritated that I was getting the car fixed and why couldn't they do it another day (there was no other day).  She actually said that if I didn't come she would disown me, I thought to myself that she could go ahead!  At the end of the conversation she tells me that my older sister "was going to change her plans if I couldn't come but it's so much easier for me to come".  Easier for who?? My sister doesn't have a kid and her H could care less if she goes to our mom's for a few days.

I talked to her again yesterday and she was still being pissy about me getting the car fixed that morning but whatever it's done.  So today DS wakes up with a fever, congestion, runny nose and generally irritable.  I call my sister to see if she can still change her plans to go to our mom's since taking care of a sick DS and my mmom is soooo not going to go well. 

She calls back wanting to know "how sick DS is" and that "she's frustrated b/c there keep being reasons why I can't go".  I nicely informed her this was the first reason. She said well your DH's car.  Ummm no that was broken before my mom scheduled surgery.  When I first talked to her I said "I think I can come but I have to check with DH to make sure he doesn't need me to stay".  I ALWAYS check with him first.  Sister says "Oh well mom took that to mean you were coming".  Well maybe she should work on her listing skills.  She then asks what I'll do if DS gets sicker.  "Well I guess I"ll take him and take care of both of their sick selves.  If it's to much trouble for you to change your appointment"  At that point I was sooo freaking ticked I told her that if it was to much trouble not to worry about it I'd take care of it like always.  She said ok and I hung up!!!!

Freaking biatch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: F/U: Mom vent (now it's a sister vent too)

• Options

I have no words

::hugs:: 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ugh. :(  I'm sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally sucks.  So sorry.  I'd tell them both to shove it.
  • Options

sisters, sisters!

not mocking. i totally sympathize. that song is the ringtone i use for my godsister (who is like a blood sister to me). we love each other, but you just can't NOT hate them sometimes.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options

imageMissyOlivePants:

This was DH's opinion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageHis(1&only)wife:

imageMissyOlivePants:

This was DH's opinion.

I would be a bit nicer about it, but that is my opinion as well.  Its hard situation to be in, but you are enabling to some degree.  In my experience, although they may say they are disowning you or never going to talk to you, they come back pretty quickly because the bond is so strong.

• Options

imageMissyOlivePants:

this. seriously!  at this point i'd tell them both to handle it bc that is just ridiculous! 

sister needs to step up and handle it bc HELLO sick kid wins above all.  of course she wouldn't understand that since she's not a mom, but your mom of all people should understand that... and hello, she has 2 daughters!   you are not an only child and your sister needs to step up and deal. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So sorry. Hugs.
  • Options
    ditto the shove it... I'd call your mom and tell her you cannot come because as a mom she should know that your son's health is more important and you asked your sister to come but she is being a brat about it so they'll have to work it out. Period.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"