TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Is there a Luna update?? oohhhhh LUNNNNAAAA...

Come out come out wherever you are!!  Inquiring minds want to know how today went!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is there a Luna update?? oohhhhh LUNNNNAAAA...

• Options
    lunatwolunatwo member

I'm back!  Thanks for checking in on me.

Had our meeting with the RE today.  We looked at my records and decided to go straight to DE's since neither IVF attempt went very well.  I am totally OK with that since that was the plan since the last IVF so I have been expecting it.

As exciting as the insurance coverage news I got below was, I need to find out if it will cover any of the donor stuff since he said it might not.  But then again, I was expecting to pay for the whole thing OOP so even if I still have to pay some of it, it is better than what I was originally expecting.  (Silver Lining Luna!)

So I need to find out if my insurance covers DE's and then I need to go find myself a donor and the rest will take about 2 months.

He was so positive about the success rates of using DE's though, that it got me very excited!  He makes it sound like such a sure thing and that we can either have twins if we want or freeze some for baby #2.  It was just so definite the way he phrased it that it gave us both hope.

So, if any of you know a hot, smart, talented, funny 20-year-old in the Denver area that wants to sell some of her eggs, let me know!  (Just kidding, I would settle for maybe 2 out of 4 of those)

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    So exciting!! I don't know anyone in Denver but good luck in your search, does your RE have any? My RE has an add on his web page looking for egg donors. Also, I know my insurance coverage covers all of the medical expenses for the donor, just not any financial compensation. I hope yours does something similar. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How exciting!!!  Good Luck with finding a donor!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    so glad to read your update! hoping the insurance has good news for you and the search for the donor goes quickly!
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    FX that you get great news from the insurance company and that your DE search goes quickly and smoothly!! 
  • Options
    suntotosuntoto member
    Oh this is exciting!  I am so happy for you Luna!  Grr teaches at a CC in Denver, maybe she could hook you up with a young one!  Stick out tongue
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    that's great!  I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see the next updates!
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options

imagesuntoto:
    Oh this is exciting!  I am so happy for you Luna!  Grr teaches at a CC in Denver, maybe she could hook you up with a young one!  Stick out tongue

Tee hee.  I wish.

Luna, I'd give you some eggs myself if mine weren't so unpredictable. . . and aged. ;)  This is great news.  My MIL used DE when she had her twins (at 50!) but I'm not sure what the process was. . .  

• Options

I am so happy for you!!!!    I'll be lurking to see how things are going and praying like crazy...

10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • Options

GL finding a great donor Luna!!

BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great news! I hope you find a donor soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"