July 2011 Moms

Good gift idea for a second baby?

My SIL and BIL are expecting their second baby about a month after me. It will be their second boy and they've been so generous with gifts for our first one. Do any moms have suggestion of something that is a practical and useful  gift for baby number 2? They have a lot of the basics already (having doubles of some things that have resulted in us getting extras).

Do second time moms have any suggestions of things they went out to replace this go around?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good gift idea for a second baby?

• We replaced, burp cloths, and bibs.

A nice gift we got the 2nd time around was a book for #1 to "read" to #2. Our first two are only 20mths apart so she really can't read to her sister, but it was nice for her to sit in my lap and read with me to #2.  I know it is not really that practical, but it was nice.

• I'm not a second time mom, but my sister just had her 2nd baby and I got her a Moby Wrap. She mentioned wanting this several times during this pregnancy. They weren't as popular when she had the first baby so she didn't register for one. She has already used it a few times and says it is great to take the baby outside so she has both hands free to play with the oldest and help him ride his bike, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The "My Very Own Name Book" is my favorite gift to send.  

https://www.iseeme.com/ 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Gift cards!! Seriously, I know it's probably not "nice" but I can't think of a better or more useful item that can be used on just about anything they may need. 

As far as items, most second time moms replace little white onesies and burp cloths. Also, you can't go wrong with more  health/first aid items- gas drops, tylenol, etc.  

• We will need new onsies, bibs, socks  & burp cloths. I would say you can't go wrong with that stuff. Diapers might be good too. They have large reusable bins at BRU that are filled with diapers and other goodies. It looks small online, but it's really pretty big.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10939403

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I always send 2nd, 3rd, 4th time moms gift cards and maybe a cute outfit.  That way they can buy whatever they want/need to replace from the last baby. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• MPSWMPSW member
    I just went to a sprinkle for a friend having her 2nd boy. I got her a big boy polo shirt for her 2yo and a coordinating onesie for the baby so they can take great pics together. (She said in the TY note that it was her favorite gift from the shower!)

• MPSWMPSW member

Also, here is my go-to baby gift, which works just as well for 2nd, 3rd, etc. as it does for the first:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/37037?feat=2-SR0

I have it embroidered with the baby's name and it's a sturdy and useful gift to have on hand. We use ours all the time ... for ourselves and for DD.

• imagexBoBox:
    I'm not a second time mom, but my sister just had her 2nd baby and I got her a Moby Wrap. She mentioned wanting this several times during this pregnancy. They weren't as popular when she had the first baby so she didn't register for one. She has already used it a few times and says it is great to take the baby outside so she has both hands free to play with the oldest and help him ride his bike, etc. 

Yes This is my second and I would love a Moby wrap. The first time around we got the Bjorn and its hard on my back.

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Special books for the 2nd baby that will be their books.  Savings bond or diapers?  Is the baby going to be born around the same as their first?  Otherwise they are going to need clothes since the seasons will be off.  We only replaced our bottles and bought some new clothes just because and our bottles were not BPA free the first time around.  What about a special print or picture for the baby's room?  Baby book?

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Thanks so much. These are some great ideas to get me started:)
  • CMM05CMM05 member

LOVE personalized gifts for 2nd babies.

Some ideas: (all personalized):

-Burp cloths (tons on Etsy)

-Piggy bank

-Stepstool

-Frames

-Birth "announcements" (tons of artsy ones on Etsy)

-Chairs (soft ones or rocking chair)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The silk blanket is so perfect for a little baby: https://www.ellesilk.com/baby-silk-blankets-co004.html. I had been looking all over for something similar with a soft side and silk trim. These are very difficult to find in stores. My sister had one similar and still carries it everywhere with her. She and her baby will be very happy with the blanket. It would make a great gift too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"