Alaska Babies

Moving

I am due in October and moving to Fairbanks in December.   I have lived in Texas my entire life.  Any suggestions on items I should be registering for or can start buying now that will make it easier to have a new baby in such a different environment?

Re: Moving

• A good carrier (or stroller with large wheels like the BOB) and a good carseat cover (we used the JJ Cole Bundle Me) to help keep LO warm when outside.  If you like being outside, I recomend getting the carrier and a larger coat than you normally wear.   Many people put their LO's in a carrier and just zip the coat over them.  A snow suit if you intend to take LO outside.  PM me if you want specifics.. I live in Anchorage, but I am in Fairbanks a lot and have family up there.
  • Fairbanks is super cold in the winter and 'hot' in the summer. I suggest getting Autostart on your car when you get up here. And a warm carseat cover. I do the large jacket/baby carrier move with my little man.

I would recommend looking into things you should keep in your car in the winter too: extra blankets, snow clothes, first aid kit, etc. Cell phones have a lot of dark spots up here (important if you plan on leaving the Fairbanks area).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"