North Dakota Babies

Hello, ladies!

Hello, all!  Everyone surviving the wonderful spring weather? At least most of the snow should be gone for Mother's Day.  :-)  Hope everyone's fairing well!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello, ladies!

• Hi!  Does the snow ever stop up here? haha I thought SD was bad!
  • I just remember I like ND for the people and the lack of people (I would like living in a big city) and the weather helps keep it that way :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally crazy year here!  Just remember in 10 years, we'll brag that we survived the endless winter of 2010-11.  And the weather Gods should bestow a lovely summer on us for all we went through!
  • I've always said that the weather keeps the riffraff out.  Smile  There was an ad in the local paper about oilfield jobs down in Texas.  In big print it said 'no hills, no wind, and no snow!'  I'm sure that sold a lot of people!!!  I hate to see what things will be like for our 3 snow-free months (hehehe).  But eventually the snow will drive them out and on to warmer weather.  At least I hope it does.

We actually set a new snow record this year for just over 107".  I know we'll be bragging to our grandkids about that someday!

• Thank the Lord the snow is GONE!  May 30th was Horrid out in the weswtern part of the state.  such a drastic difference Mothers Day weekend
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Texas and ND have a saying that applies to both: If you don't like the weather, just wait around and it will change.  I have to go down for a wedding in June to Dallas and I hate the stifling hot in the summer there.  Everyone that comes up here from there in the summer can't believe how beautiful our summers are here compared to theirs. 
  • MM-- did you take in the Band Day festivities on Saturday?  It was a gorgeous day for it!  I ended up filling in at work, but at least the shop's on Main, so I got to watch the parade.  It was longer than I thought it would be.  Not many bands, but I saw plenty of kids with bags full of candy.  I'm sure it was a good day for them. :-)
  • No I did not go the Band Day Festivities.  DH was there is the morning for a bit after work, before he went to sleep for the day.  He had to take a picture for work.  I went to the Pride of North Dakota Crawft show though.  There were some interesting booths.  2 wineries were there so I got a couple of bottles. 

Do you live in Williston?

• We're close to Williston.  When I was working full time, I worked in Williston.  We do 90% of our shopping/business in Williston, so we're there often.
  • Awesome.  We are currently living with DHs Step Grandma, Searching for a house to buy. which is hard in this market Huh? 

Maybe we could get together for a cup of coffee when you are in town. 

• I do not envy anyone trying to find a house right now.  We got extremely lucky and bought our house 6 years ago before the oilfield really hit.  Housing prices skyrocketed right after we bought our house.  There's is a house (i.e. double-wide trailer on a basement) just out of town that was sold for over $120,000.  A family bought it, basically trashed it from what I hear, and they're now trying to sell it for around $150,000.  After knowing the family that lived there, I wouldn't even recommend it to anyone.

Coffee sounds divine.  I'll PM you the next time I'll be in town with some time to spare!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"