Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Progesterone Drop- scared

Can anyone offer any insight to this? 

I had my progesterone checked early in the pregnancy and they were rising normally.  At 6 weeks it was 26.7.  I had it done yesterday at 8 weeks and it was 19.

I am terrified as this is the week I miscarried last time.  We just saw the heartbeat Thursday, but we also saw the heartbeat last time and I miscarried.  The nurse said I am still within the normal range, so we are going to retest Thursday.  The nurse just didn't seem to thrilled to say the least.

Don't sugar coat it for me.  Is this bad?

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: Progesterone Drop- scared

• Options

Most doctors do anything is progesterone level is close to 20.  Mine was 19 to start with and it dropped to 13 and I was prescribed prometrium supplements.  My doctor said that anything greater than 12 is good.  If they don't prescribe anything, have them check your levels again after a few days.  GL

BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In my opinion, it's not wonderful news, but it can be manageable.  I would wait and see what the retest shows. A lab result of 19 isn't an immediate sign of m/c, but if it continues to drop they may and in my opinion should put you on a progesterone supplement-quick.

My prog. got as low as 8.8 in the early stages of pg and I was put  on 200mg oral prometrium  twice a day and I don't want to jinx anything but I am 27w now.  Good Luck and FX for the retest and keep us posted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I so want to say that it isn't bad news but in my experience dropping progesterone was one of the signs that I was going to miscarry.  I hope this isn't the case for you.  I know levels can flucuate during the day is hopefully that is all that is going on.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    quezzoquezzo member
    My OB said levels can fluctuate from day to day and even at different points in the day. My RE told me a level of 10 is all that is needed to sustain a pregnancy. My levels went like this: 12.5, 26, 20.5. I was already on progesterone and the drop worried me but they said it happens and even when you are on progesterone it isn't absorb into your blood. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought something may be wrong this morning. It was the same when when I miscarried last time- something just feels different. I don't have much nausea, boobs look like they are back to their regular size, no bloating, etc. I just know this won't end well. I hate to be a negative nancy or whatever, but sometimes you just know.
    Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"