Two Under 2
Options

what do you do for baby monitors for your 2u2?

My dd will be over two when the new baby arrives but I don't think she will be out of her crib at that point. To be honest I don't think I will be comfortable with her not having a monitor in her room still. We live in a larger two story house so I would feel better if both kids had a monitor in their rooms so I can still check on them. Currently, we are using the Summer's video monitor and it has another option to add another camera but how can you see both children at the same time? What do you do for your 2? TIA

Re: what do you do for baby monitors for your 2u2?

• Options
    We used the video monitor in the baby's (DD's) room and a regular sound monitor in the toddler's (DS's) room.  After a few months I ditched DS's entirely - it interfered sometimes with DD's signal and I didn't really feel like we needed it in his room anymore.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The Summer monitor we have has the option of getting another camera, which we will be doing. On the side of the monitor is an A and B button for the channels so you can check in on both, but you do have to manually switch over to see.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are all on the same floor, with the kids rooms right across the hall from ours.  We stopped using a monitor for DS a while ago.  We never used one for DD when she was born.  I've become a light sleeper and every noise over the monitor was keeping me awake.  Therefore we don't use it at all.  It's worked out fine for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What monitor do you have? 

I have the Sleek and Secure, with 2 cameras.  We have the option to look at both rooms at the same time, or it scans between them every 8 seconds. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    I have the angel care monitor for my DD and plan to buy another one for our new LO.  More than the monitor itself which is great, I rely on the sensor pad for peace of mind.  Im terrified of sids and so knowing that the alarm will sounds if one of my kids stops breathing gives me great peace.  In addition I think its great when they are sick for peace of mind as well...   Im sure Im overly crazy but I really like them.
    We are having Irish Twins!!! Our sweet little girls will be 10.5 months apart! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJessica011010:
    The Summer monitor we have has the option of getting another camera, which we will be doing. On the side of the monitor is an A and B button for the channels so you can check in on both, but you do have to manually switch over to see.

This is what we're doing. We're going to move DD1 out of her crib over the summer, but we don't use a monitor for her now, so the video monitor for her is really going to be more to make sure she's going to sleep and not destroying her room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use the Summer Infant Video Monitor and just switch between cameras.  I only use it when they are upstairs and I am downstairs (during naps).  Overnight I don't use a monitor, our bedrooms are right across the hall from one another and I am a VERY light sleeper.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options

imageJessica011010:

We did this.  Works like a charm!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMegan.10.06:

What monitor do you have? 

I have the Sleek and Secure, with 2 cameras.  We have the option to look at both rooms at the same time, or it scans between them every 8 seconds. 

this is the monitor we have, although DS2 isn't sleeping in the crib yet 

• Options
    i have the best view summer infant monitor.  I really like it for one - but I haven't used it for 2 yet.  We just bought the other camara for when ds arrives.  I dont' think I can look at them at the same time, but I think it can scan every 8 seconds or so.  I like that this monitor can pan the rooom.  So when dd is out of her crib I will be able to see her in the room.
    BFP #1 - Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks, D&C on 11/22/08. You will always be missed and loved BFP #2 - 11dpo 3/11/09, BABY KATELYN IS HERE! BORN 11/19/2009 BFP #3 - 10/22/10 HCG #800, 10/24/10 HCG #1600, BABY JACOB IS HERE! BORN 6/21/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"