Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

When to quit the hot tub?

DH and I are kinda TTC. We've stopped using BC but don't really "do it" very often.  We want to get PG but the TTC process was very stressful for us last time so we're taking a more laid back approach this time.  I'm POAS every month if my AF doesn't come when I expect it, so that I'll at least know when/if it happens. My AF is very irregular but I want to know asap if it happens.

With that being said, I like to soak in the hot tub after my workout at the gym a couple of times a week.  Would you give this up?

I LOVE sitting in the hot tub for mental and physical reasons!  And I know PG women can't use them, so do you cut them out if you're TTC? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: When to quit the hot tub?

• Options
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you're ok to use the hot tub until you're PG. Your DH, however, needs to avoid it because it will have a negative impact on his sperm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, no hot tub for DH.  As for you, I would honestly stop using it after ovulation.  Since you have irregular cycles, I would recommend charting so that you will know when you ovulated.  If you don't have any interest in charting, you could try OPKs, or just stop the hot tub altogether :)
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageblindvictory:
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you're ok to use the hot tub until you're PG. Your DH, however, needs to avoid it because it will have a negative impact on his sperm.

Yes  Yep. DH gets very jealous of me for this. lol.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I was pregnant with DS I didn't quit the hot tub until I was pregnant and wont give it up until I am again.  If I am over heated and feel the need to get out I will, so nothing wrong with it until then.  My body will take care of me (that is if I am pregnant and don't know yet).

• Options
    I'd also recommend you (after O) and your husband quitting the hot tub.  Sperm produced today will be ejaculated 3 months from now, so you can get an idea for timing.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. I totally forgot that DH shouldn't be using it!!   Do you suppose it's the same for a steam room?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"