Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Food Battle

I have a really picky eater. I was wondering how you get your kids to try new foods. My DS does not eat vegetables, fruit, cereal, eggs (anymore), list goes on and I can not get him to try anything new. 

Re: Food Battle

• Options

I have a great eater so I may not be the best to advise but...

Can you let him be involved in either choosing (pick the veggie at the supermarket or from the crisper drawer) or preparing (stiring, pouring ingredients in)? My daughter loves to be involved in cooking and is always very proud when she has helped. Also have you offered a variety of dips... honey/honey mustard for chicken, hummus for crackers and veggies, yogurt or even a tiny bit of whipped cream for fruit?

Good luck!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options

My DS will be 3 next week and until about 3 weeks ago all he ate was PB&J, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, goldfish, etc....not one iota of a fruit or vegetable at any time.  Then I noticed that he would eat other foods when other children we hang out with eat them. Then I took him to the produce market one day and he picked out apples, grapes & bananas, and actually asked to eat them when we got home.  Since then he has eaten fruit and some new foods. I definitely think that being around other kids has definitely helped him learn to eat other things. 

I have been told by many of my friends who have older children that they will eventually grow out the picky food phase.  I guess they were right,  even though it is a slow process. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"