Baby Names
Options

Please pick your favorite girl name!

Sorry, this is the last one today!

Molly Claire

Emmalyn/Emmaline Claire (This one confuses me because Emmaline looks nicer, but I would be afraid people would say Emma-Line)

Claire Sophia or Claire Allison

Our last name is Pond.  I normally wouldn't post that, but a lot of people IRL always say "clear pond" when I mention the name Claire.

Which is the best?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please pick your favorite girl name!

• Options
    Emmaline Claire Pond sounds the best to me.  
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

No more Emmas or Emmalyns or Emmalines or Emmelines. It's just not pretty, surprising, unpredictable or anything any more.

I love Claire Allison. That's a very pretty combo!!! It flows nicely with Pond, too. However, I do hear the "clear pond" thing.

Molly Claire Pond is lovely! I think it's the winner. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Emmeline is my preferred spelling. Both pronunciations are legitimate for this spelling. IMO, you'll just say a simple "It's pronounced EM-a-linn", and people will get it.

I think "Clear Pond" is a valid point, but not a dealbreaker. However, both names being one syllable is a dealbreaker for me. Emmeline Pond sounds much, much better, IMO.

• Options
    Molly Claire and Claire Allison are my faves!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Molly Claire Pond the best :) good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like Molly Claire too!
  • Options

what about sophia claire?

if not, then my second choice is claire.  i don't like sophia as a middle name with claire.  what about claire elizabeth pond?  or claire olivia pond? or claire brianna pond?

• Options
    Emmeline goes the best with your LN. I would avoid Claire because of of the clear pond sound.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Out of the choices I like Molly Claire the best, but I think if you reverse Claire Sophia and make it Sophia Claire Pond, that sounds beautiful!
  • Options
    Molly Claire
  • Options
    Emmaline is pronounced Emma-line, not lynn.  If you want it pronouced lynn, don't spell it line.  That's how it works with Caroline and Carolyn and I don't thnk anyone has any trouble figuring those out, so follow the same rule and you'll be fine. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

What about Sophia Claire as others have suggested? I think that's really pretty!

While I like Molly, I can only picture a little girl with this name though, not an adult woman. I see your problem with Emmaline, and I agree with you. I think Emmaline looks nicer, but I would pronounce it Emma-Line.

I actually do like Claire Sophia and Claire Allison too, I just think one of the other choices might be a better combo with your last name. 

• Options
    Sophia Claire is my fave
    {wife, teacher, dog owner} {Isaiah 26:1} {trying to conceive} {www.dianashaedecor.com} my hobby
  • Options

They're all pretty... and it is rare that I like all of someone's name options, so well done, madam.

Mixing up all the names you have here, I like Molly Sophia Pond. But of the ones you posted, Molly Claire.

The only thing I don't like is the second spelling of Emmalyn. If I saw "Emmaline" I would pronounce it Emma-lean. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I see what you mean in your earlier post about Molly Claire being choppy but it is my favorite of the bunch and rarely is the whole name said together and fwiw my DD is Holly one syllable LN.

• Options

I prefer Emmaline (pronounced Emma-line)  Emmalyn looks made up.

Claire Sophia is really nice too. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    claire allison and claire sophia don't flow well imo. if you switch them to put claire in the middle, it sounds better. i'd still go with molly [as a short form of margaret or other formal name] claire.
  • Options
    imageEaglefoot23:

Emmeline is my preferred spelling. Both pronunciations are legitimate for this spelling. IMO, you'll just say a simple "It's pronounced EM-a-linn", and people will get it.

I think "Clear Pond" is a valid point, but not a dealbreaker. However, both names being one syllable is a dealbreaker for me. Emmeline Pond sounds much, much better, IMO.

This =)

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    Claire Allison
  • Options
    Molly Claire for sure.
  • Options
    Molly Claire.
    imageimageimage