September 2011 Moms
Options

Got Yelled at/Lectured... Again!

Last night FI and I went to his aunt's house for dinner. I didn't really want to go, but I did because I thought it would just be the three of us. Turns out, his grandparents were there too. So while we're eating his grandma starts in on me about how I have to eat healthy and exercise and blah blah blah.

I know all of this, but my doctor is not concerned about my eating habits, or my physical activity level. And then, we were talking about baby gear, and she starts again. Saying that we shouldn't buy anything, because we can't afford it, (last time I checked it was rude to talk about other peoples' finances) because we have to buy a new car and a house. Now, I fully agree that we need a new car, because FI's will not last another winter, but why exactly do we need to buy a house? And how is it any of her business whether we do or don't?

I understand that people want to buy things for the baby, but hello, it's MY baby. I want to buy stuff for him too. I also believe that it's the parent's responsibilty to provide their children with what they need.

Sorry for the novel, cookies for everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Got Yelled at/Lectured... Again!

• Options

((hugs))

I'm sorry your FI's family is difficult.  On the bright side, it sounds like you don't have to see them too often (hoping I'm right about that).  I think no matter what your situation is, people just seem to feel they have the right to tell pregnant women what to do.  It's really hard to just shake it off and not take it personally.

I hope you're able to do something relaxing and/or fun today to get your mind off of it.  Try not to let it ruin your weekend, love.  Smile

• Options

Thanks :) We don't see either of our family's much, just this month with Easter was a little busy I guess. We usually go to each of our parents places once or twice a month. We're going to his parents' for dinner tonight, last night was his aunt, and last weekend was his grandparents and my parents.

We definetly did fun stuff today. We went to Build-a-Bear and made a teddy bear for Jonah, and bought a onesie that says "Daddy loves me more than zombies love brains". FI LOVES zombies, so we think it's pretty awesome.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelaurynfaerie:

Thanks :) We don't see either of our family's much, just this month with Easter was a little busy I guess. We usually go to each of our parents places once or twice a month. We're going to his parents' for dinner tonight, last night was his aunt, and last weekend was his grandparents and my parents.

We definetly did fun stuff today. We went to Build-a-Bear and made a teddy bear for Jonah, and bought a onesie that says "Daddy loves me more than zombies love brains". FI LOVES zombies, so we think it's pretty awesome.

That's adorable!  I have a friend who would love that.  BTW, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I absolutely love the name you chose!

• Options
    Thank you again :D It literally took us about 45 minutes to narrow it down to two, and then by the next day I decided I didn't like the other one lol.
  • Options
    It's the same when my MIL says something that I find rude or not my taste,  just smile and nod.  Then move on with your life. : )
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    imagelaurynfaerie:

Haha!!  This made me LOL!!

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"