3rd Trimester
Options

2nd Time C-Section

I am having a repeat c-section on Tuesday morning.  I had a good experience the first time and really didn't find it awful.  That being said, does anyone have any suggestions to making it a little easier?  Anything you remember doing that you think helped??  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd Time C-Section

• Options

Mine is Tuesday morning too!!!  Good luck to us BOTH. 

The only thing that helped with the gas/digestion/etc issue for me in particular was drinking WARM---very little cold for me except some water--but mainly I drank warm water with lemon juice in it.  Sounds gross but was very good.  I'm not a "regular" person let's say--and I actually pooped at the hospital before leaving with no issue at all--which really eased my mind.  I know--TMI but whatever.

I hear people say keep on the pain meds--which I'm going to do this time.  I kind of fought it last time and not sure why--maybe because of BFing.

I also hear that the "binders" are good for the pain--I'm going to see if the hospital can supply one--otherwise I'll order one when I get home.

• Options
    I kept the big mesh hospital undies and I'll be packing them just in case.  I'm also taking my boppy for breastfeeding for the 3 day stay.  I ate a lot of yogurt in the hospital to fight off yeasty yuckiness (I don't know, but the nurses told me that and I'll be doing it again).  Comfy sweats and yes, stay on top of your meds!  Other than that?  Stuff to do in the hospital - that 3 days gets BORING.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSeaMama:
    I kept the big mesh hospital undies and I'll be packing them just in case.  I'm also taking my boppy for breastfeeding for the 3 day stay.  I ate a lot of yogurt in the hospital to fight off yeasty yuckiness (I don't know, but the nurses told me that and I'll be doing it again).  Comfy sweats and yes, stay on top of your meds!  Other than that?  Stuff to do in the hospital - that 3 days gets BORING.

hadn't thought about the yogurt--great idea!!!

I too kept a pack of the special undies--those were awesome.  It's not like anyone sees them. 

Any ideas of what to bring to help pass time??  I don't recall being bored last time but don't remember much either.  I wish they had wi-fi

• Options
    imagesmiling76:

imageSeaMama:

hadn't thought about the yogurt--great idea!!!

I too kept a pack of the special undies--those were awesome.  It's not like anyone sees them. 

Any ideas of what to bring to help pass time??  I don't recall being bored last time but don't remember much either.  I wish they had wi-fi

They don't have wi-fi? That stinks. See if they have dvd players and bring some movies. Otherwise bring your laptop and watch stuff on that. And a book. I didn't sleep very well at night so those things helped me last time. Good luck with everything! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"