Breastfeeding
Options

13 week old refusing bottles of BM

I've posted before re: trouble nursing.  We worked really really hard at it and now my daughter nurses great, but refuses bottles.  I introduced a bottle to her at about 12 days old due to damaged nipples.  I then had difficult getting her to nurse.  DD has been nursing great for several weeks now and was getting occasional bottles (drop ins or medela BM bottles), but all of a sudden stopped taken them.  She will not take them from me, my husband, her grandparents...no one.  Any similar experiences?  What has worked for you?  Anyone tried cup/syringe feeding?  TIA

Re: 13 week old refusing bottles of BM

• Options
    I have no suggestions for you since I was just coming over to ask the same questions.  I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  It's funny, all the tears I cried trying to get him to nurse in the beginning.  Now he wont take a bottle. 
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    smell the milk. I am trying to find what it is called but it is where a mothers milk can be bad. I know some moms that had to boil it before freezing. I just do not know the term. I will reply when I find what it is called.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekristen0393:
    I have no suggestions for you since I was just coming over to ask the same questions.  I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.  It's funny, all the tears I cried trying to get him to nurse in the beginning.  Now he wont take a bottle. 

Hope it gets better for you too!  We struggled so much to get her to nurse.  It's funny how things workout.  Thank you

• Options

imageJUSTBEYOURSELF:
    smell the milk. I am trying to find what it is called but it is where a mothers milk can be bad. I know some moms that had to boil it before freezing. I just do not know the term. I will reply when I find what it is called.

Oh yea.  I remember hearing about this.  I will smell what I have frozen, but DD also refuses when it's freshly pumped.  

• Options
    I know that it can be from fresh too. I cannot find on another board that I am on what it is called. I can see if one of my friends can help and will post when she gets back to me.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's around the age DD was when she quit taking bottles. It could be lipase as PP pointed out. I would try that. My daughter never took a bottle again, but will now drink out of a sippy. She started taking a sippy around 7 months. Try to get him/her to drink from a cup in your arms. That worked or us sometimes. She would go all day while I taught without food because she wouldn't take a bottle. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"