Parenting
Options

Joe's eye is killing him. What doctor??

He thinks he has a piece of metal in it.  Or that he scratched it or something. It's been hurting since Thursday.
He's in VA right with my BIL and won't be home until Sunday night but I need to make him an appointment on Monday to have it checked out.  And this is such a stupid question but do I just make him an appointment with the primary?  Or do I find an eye doctor?  And if it's the latter, how do I do that?  Not like LensCrafters or something, right?  Like just look up an optimologist (sp)???

I know, this is so ridiculous but I honestly have NO idea!  I've never been to an eye doctor.

Re: Joe's eye is killing him. What doctor??

• Options
    i' take him to a pediatric ophthalmologist.
  • Options
    imagekittycarr:
    i' take him to a pediatric ophthalmologist.
    LOL. Joe is her DH.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL!! I came back to the post realizing there was no y on that Joe so I came in to make fun of myself. Derrrr....
  • Options

Freaking hilarious Kitty!  Love it!  :)

Ok, so for Joe, just a straight up opthamologist then?  He does act like a child...A LOT....so the pediatric one wasn't far off!  ;)

• Options

My H got metal in his eye.  He was sent to the optometrist by his employer and was then referred to the opthamologist who removed it. 

• Options
    ZenyaZenya member
    Am I the only one who thinks this can't wait until Monday?  I think he should go to UC today and get it removed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would actually have him go to an urgent care right now.  My BIL did the same thing (it hurt for several days before he had it taken care of) and he ended up with complete vision loss in the eye for weeks--and partial permanent vision loss.  It all could have been avoided if he'd taken care of it right away.
    L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • Options

There is just no way I could even convince him to find an urgent care in VA right now.  He just won't, I can almost guarantee it.  He tends to not be an alarmist AT ALL when it comes to sickness/injuries, etc (almost to the point of annoyance, for me, who is a TOTAL worry wart) so I'm not even going to bother with suggesting it. 

He's not positive it's a piece of metal but he THINKS that's what it is.  (I think he was welding recently or something -- I don't know -- I was only half listening the other day when he started complaining about it!  LOL  I suck!).  At any rate, I guess I'll go to yellow pages and look for an eye doctor?? 

Or send him to urgent care when he gets home.  Although the urgent care around us (the one I know of) is actually also a PCP so I guess I'll just send him to our primary on Monday and take it from there.

• Options

Oh no, wait.  Is urgent care = walk-in??

Or is urgent care something different?  I was thinking of our local walk-in.

• Options
    Last fall ds got his cornea scratched by a stick a kid was waving at him at a school picnic. Since it was a weekend and nothing was open we drove him straight to a Dr. Tavel (like a Lenscrafters) and they saw him immediately. They eye doctor there was able to treat him without an appointment. If they hadn't been able to treat him at least they could've then directed us to the right doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"