Health & Exercise
Options

BOB - swivel wheel or fixed

I am planning on getting a BOB for running and walking around the neighborhood.  Would you recommend the fixed wheel or swivel?  There are many great fixed wheel BOBs on Craigslist for a reasonable price but I don't know if I will regret not having the swivel for ease of maneuver when I am not running.  What do you think? 

Re: BOB - swivel wheel or fixed

• Options
    I prefer the swivel wheel for out and about.  I used to have the fixed wheel because I used the stroller for running only but the hassle of having to switch strollers in the car for walking or going to the store made me sell my fixed and buy the swivel.
  • Options

Fixed wheel jogging strollers are really only used for running, so I would suggest going with the swivel wheel. That way you can unlock the wheel from the fixed position and use it for reasons other than running.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can use a fixed wheel stroller for walking - it just isn't as convenient. But we have a fixed wheel BOB (the Ironman) that I got primarily for running. We've had it for almost 5 years and walk with it a good deal. It is fine for neighborhood walks, but I wouldn't take it to the mall.
  • Options
    I have the sport utility with the fixed wheel and I wish I would have gotten the one that swivels.  I did a lot of trail running, so I got the fixed wheel, but it was a pain when I used the stroller around town for walks.  I think you can "fix" the swivel wheel when needed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got a Phil&Teds with a wheel that swivels, but will also lock for runs.
  • Options
    You can lock the swivel wheel on the BOB so it is fixed when you want it to be.
  • Options

imagebeyoga:
    You can lock the swivel wheel on the BOB so it is fixed when you want it to be.

Depends on the model. On the BOB Revolution you can. But on the Ironman (and I believe the SUS?) the front wheel is always fixed. It doesn't swivel.

• Options

imagecarlab44:
    You can use a fixed wheel stroller for walking - it just isn't as convenient. But we have a fixed wheel BOB (the Ironman) that I got primarily for running. We've had it for almost 5 years and walk with it a good deal. It is fine for neighborhood walks, but I wouldn't take it to the mall.

This (although I've only had it for less than 2 years). We don't go to malls or shopping with her, so it is not an issue for us.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got the Bob Revolution so that I could have it swivel or be fixed -- pricier than the fixed wheel ones, but a lot more versatile.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"