February 2011 Moms
Options

I hate our pedi

I AM SO IRRITATED!

I think we need to switch. I don't feel like she is taking me serious when I talk about DD and his large amounts of vomit like spit up.

We tried 6 different formulas and ended up having to put DS on Nutramigen which was a complete 180. His vomit like spit up stopped and he also stopped screaming for hours and hours. It was then that she talked to us about a milk protein allergy. Well, since it is $32/can we ask her to send in a letter of medical necessity.  The denied request had said "Treatment of GERD" for medical necessity. What the hell...where was the whole milk protein thing.

Now she changed it to say "possible milk protein allergy". Possible? Yeah, because our insurance will TOTALLY accept that. I am ready to be denied a second time now.

Also, she won't do anything in regards to testing saying there is really nothing to do even though I told her about his mucous diapers with what looked like blood. Plus if his vomiting goes away with this formula and comes back in full force with everything else we have ever tried then help us out a bit! I am not asking her to be dishonest or to stretch the truth at all so I don't understand why she is so wishy-washy trying to help us out. Does she not remember DS at all or make notes ever?

$200/month is seriously starting to stress me out on top of our medical bills.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I hate our pedi

• Options
    Ally, I think I remember you being in MN?  try southlake ped's.  PM me if you want to knoe specific dr's that I have seen.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Take a deep breath!  You should go see a different pedi and get a 2nd opinion.  There is no need for you to be so stressed out and feel that you aren't getting the best service!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are central MN so those places are a little far away from us. We are going to wait to make sure our request was denied and try another pedi here through CentraCare. We have a few peds who have special clinic interests in allergies so I might try them first.
  • Options

When we were working on getting Alimentum covered by insurance for DS we were able to use a letter from the Similac website that states the benefits of the formula and our ped just had to fill in the info and sign it along with writing a prescription for the formula. Could you take a look at Enfamil's website to see if they have anything like that your dr. could fill out? I hope it works out for you- we were in the same boat and now we get Alimentum ready to feed 100% covered and delivered right to our door! Good luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegrinnysgirl:

When we were working on getting Alimentum covered by insurance for DS we were able to use a letter from the Similac website that states the benefits of the formula and our ped just had to fill in the info and sign it along with writing a prescription for the formula. Could you take a look at Enfamil's website to see if they have anything like that your dr. could fill out? I hope it works out for you- we were in the same boat and now we get Alimentum ready to feed 100% covered and delivered right to our door! Good luck to you!

We have to have an prescription and a letter of medical necessity from our pedi so I am pretty sure that may not work but I will take a look. Thank you!

ETA: I have no idea what you are talking about as I couldn't even find it on the Similac website.

• Options
    imageameliahedlund:
    Ally, I think I remember you being in MN?  try southlake ped's.  PM me if you want to knoe specific dr's that I have seen.
    I love southlake peds!
  • Options
    Is there a different doctor at your clinic you could see?
  • Options

Found it! Here is the place on the website where you can download the letter for Alimentum. We submitted this first after our pedi filled out the info, then our insurance company contacted him asking for a prescription indicating number of oz/day and how many refills.

https://abbottnutrition.com/About-Us/Private-Insurance.aspx

• Options
    imagegrinnysgirl:

Found it! Here is the place on the website where you can download the letter for Alimentum. We submitted this first after our pedi filled out the info, then our insurance company contacted him asking for a prescription indicating number of oz/day and how many refills.

https://abbottnutrition.com/About-Us/Private-Insurance.aspx

Thank you!!

I was able to find a letter exactly like it by googline Nutramigen Insurance Letter. Now let's see if the pedi will fill it out.

ETA: Scratch that. That is for AA. I just contacted Enfamil instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"