Secondary IF
Options

First RE appt tomorrow

And my HSG is scheduled for Thursday. Eep. I'm excited and nervous. Any words of wisdom?
Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: First RE appt tomorrow

• Options

I got preggo with DD 2 cycles after my HSG test. I told everyone that I just needed to clear out the cob webs:) If you can, I would highly recommend starting acupuncture. I did that in combo with the test and it really helped. We had been trying a year before the acupuncture and test. Then, BAM! Sometimes insurance will pay for acupuncture if you get it done at a chiropractor's office.

I had my HSG done before I ever gave birth and it hurt...really bad. It might be better for you since you've already given birth. I would recommend, however, that you load up on Aleve before you go in. I seemed to help the cramping. Also, don't plan anything for the rest of the day because you will be crampy and leaking this strange goo. All things considered, though, I am sooooo glad I did it! Good luck and I'll hope for clear tubes!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options
    Make sure you go in with any questions you have written down...I always have a bunch of questions that I want answered and then when I am there I forget...Good luck and keep us posted :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesgrobste:
    Make sure you go in with any questions you have written down..

this!

Thinks that I'd want to know

- What's the next step ( just try again and hope the tubes are clear now?)

- Should we have  semen analysis done (I feel like the first time around we waiting too long to get this done)

- Are the hormone tests that can be done (day 3 and day 21ish)

- If we do go with medication how closely will I be monitored.  (You'll want ultrasounds if you're going on clomid)

- Costs - How much is an IUI if you have to go that far (When trying to find my second RE I wanted to make sure I wasn't at the most expensive place in town)

• Options
    I agree with pp, make sure you go in armed with a list of questions you might have.  I always forget my questions when in the situation. Oh, and good luck!!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image Doriimage
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    Sorry no advice really (nothing to add to PPs).  I hope everything goes well - I'm optimistic for you!  =-)
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Good luck!  I've had 2 hsg's. One was terrible and it looked like my tube was block, but the 2nd was a piece of cake and was over so quick.  I hope you have the second experience.  They'll give you a pad for after the test for any leakage, but you might want to come prepared just in case.  I got pg 2 cycles after the hsg both times. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options
    Just wanted to wish you good luck with the RE and the hsg.  I have had two hsgs, and they were not bad at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    I just wanted to also tell you good luck and I agree with bringing questions.  I also had an HSG and it was very easy, I had no pain.  I had a little bit of cramping later on, it was a little worse than regular monthly cramping but not too bad.  I don't remember having any leaking afterwards.  Everyone's experience is different so I hope yours is an easy one and I hope it helps get you ku!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto everyone else about bringing in questions.  Hope your HSG goes well and all is clear.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options
    Nothing to add but wanted to wish you good luck!
  • Options
    Lots of great advice from everyone.  Pop a few advil about 30-45 minutes prior.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"