Hawaii Babies
Options

what's for breakfast?

I am in a breakfast rut.  I've got no time in the morning (I know...shocker, right?) so cooking something is out of the question.  Pretty much since LO was born I eat Nutella spread on some lowfat Eggo waffles every morning....breakfast of champions!  I can't eat this forever for breakfast or I am sure to gain many lbs and perhaps diabetes.  Before I was pg, I ate Luna bars just about every morning for breakfast, but I really don't want to start that up again.  I am trying to find something that will be quick & easy, but a little better for me.

What do you eat for breakfast?

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: what's for breakfast?

• Options
    I try to switch it up - sometimes cereal (Honey Bunches, Special K, etc) with fruit. Or an english muffin with PB. Or my recent favorite because it keeps me full past 9:30am (I eat at like 8am but this baby is a monster): Fage Greek Yogurt with either a little bit of honey or crunchy PB and sliced bananas :)
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I usually eat Cream of Wheat or oatmeal in the winter and Cheerios or Raisin Bran in the summer on weekdays.  On weekends I like to make eggs and toast or pancakes.  I do often get on a yorgurt and granola kick in the summer months, though.  A Chobani vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit and granola on top....yummy!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    honestly i usually wait to get to work and have oatmeal b/c I can't eat for an hour after I take my meds in the morning.   oy.  But at home when I need a quick fix, I do carnation instant breakfast, or Clif Mojo Mountain Mix bars - very filling!  Also if you have fruit around that you can take with you - banana, apple, etc, that could be a good complement to your waffle! :) 
  • Options

It depends on the day and how much time I have, but it's usually one of these: 

Malt-o-meal or oatmeal with a little cinnamon and splash of milk

Shredded wheat with 1% milk and a tablespoon of local, raw honey

1 c. O% fat Greek yogurt with sliced berries and 1/4 c. flax seed granola

Toasted whole grain bread or english muffins with peanut butter and banana

And I have a cup of coffee each morning too.

On weekends it's usually more of a brunch and it'll be one of the above or if J cooks then it's pancakes or scrambled eggs or an omlete. Sundays we usually get bagels and lox...again it's more brunch than breakfast since we eat later and tend to skip lunch.

• Options

I eat on my feet since mornings are so busy trying to feed and then run after LO. I definitely have coffee. Hopefully I can also manage some waffles with bananas, a toasted energy bar with butter, or English muffins with peanut butter. I also like to keep hard-boiled eggs and yogurt on hand to grab when I don't even have time to toast.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelelekay:

I usually eat Cream of Wheat or oatmeal in the winter and Cheerios or Raisin Bran in the summer on weekdays.  On weekends I like to make eggs and toast or pancakes.  I do often get on a yorgurt and granola kick in the summer months, though.  A Chobani vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit and granola on top....yummy!

OMG, I posted and then read the others and isn't it funny that ours are so much alike?
  • Options

I'm no help - I'm a toast girl, with a piece of fruit if I'm lucky. On the weekend I'll often make pancakes one day and eggs the other, but generally toast is where it's at.

In related news, Cream of Wheat is one of the really random things that I miss from the USA!

• Options
    I usually eat breakfast in the car. So it's either a granola bar, fig cake, or some kind of cupcake/muffin/sweet loaf (I love the zucchini date loaf from TJ's). Unfortunately, I don't think it's super healthy...but I *do* substitute my cupcakes with applesauce instead of oil so I think it's a bit better for me =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

i used to eat a bowl of cranberry almond crunch (cereal) every.single.day. (seriously.  when it goes on sale, we stock up - like, 12 boxes at a time)  now that i'm dairy-free, i can't have it anymore, sob. 

since going back to work (and pumping), i've been eating oatmeal like it's going out of style...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"