Health & Exercise
Options

Triathalon moms?!

We have on in my home town in a year and I really want to do it! Or at least the first 2 legs (running and biking) since I probably can't find a partner to do the kayaking with. I need to start training but need some starters or work out plans!!!

Re: Triathalon moms?!

• Options

Good for you! Prepare to be addicted.

I would try meet up for training groups. Maybe look for people training for the same event. sometimes you can "like" and event on Facebook and see if anyone else is looking for relay partners, etc.

https://www.beginnertriathlete.com/

https://www.activetrainer.com/?cmp=67

https://home.trainingpeaks.com/

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH did one last year, except we have biking. We wish we had a kayaking leg - so fun!!!

This year i will join him since I'm not 8 months pregnant like last year, and I'm so excited and nervous!!

I guess I'm not going to do a specific trainign plan. I will "train" for the 5K run like a normal run. For the swim we are members at our Y so I will just work on building up endurance to swim 1/2 mile with no breaks at the walls. And biking, well, I will just get out there and bike :)  Is it bad that I have no plan???

I'm more worried about the clothing changes - any tips for how to transition from the swimming to the biking??  Just throw clothes over my wet suit I would imagine? Will that cause chaffing??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it a short sprint you should be okay. A great investment if you plan to enter other events would be a tri specific suit. Fast drying top & bottoms that you wear for all three sports. the bottoms have a little chamois to keep you comfy on the bike.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I did one last summer, it was amazing!

I would definetly agree in investing in a tri top and shorts. I wore them for all 3 legs and was completely comfy.  Also that chamois takes some getting used to so I say Body glide and also a race belt of you dont have one so your not fussy with getting your race number on after the swim

I am due this July so hoping to sneak an end of season one in September in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"