Georgia Babies
Options

Teacher appreciation week

I am the room mom for Kate's class. I wanted to get some ideas of fun things to do during the week.  So far I have and not tied to them.

Monday--daisy day (favorite Flower)

Tuesday--Chocolate day

Wednesday--bring a letter from your child

Thursday--Blue day (favorite color) (blueberries, loition, candles)

Friday--bring a lunch (Have a few parents bring in lunch for the teacher)

Please any ideas are welcome.  TIA

Re: Teacher appreciation week

• Options
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I think it's awesome the way you have it.  I know I would love that.  I especially like the flower one.  We have had this before where each child brings a flower and I love putting them all together in a vase in my classroom.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sounds good to me.  I like the color one.  I've been through a few where the kids brought a fruit.  It didn't go so great.

One time a parent had the kids all sign a photo frame with a cute poem in it.  I still keep it in my classroom.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Perhaps make an acrostic poem with the teacher's last name and have the kids give adjectives that describe her.  Each kid can make their own and then bind it together.

Like, last name is Lee.  L = loves pink, lovely, etc.  E = excited, energetic and so on.

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ohhh.. another thought.  Not sure which school you are in, but some teachers would love to have their classroom library built up.  Have the kids bring in a favorite title and they can put a sticker inside of the book that says donated to Mrs. X's library by K. 2010-11 school year.

For me, I don't need the chocolate (summer around the corner doesn't help), everyone has such different opinions of what smells good (candles, lotions), but I can always use things for my classroom.

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

• Options

We just are wrapping up teacher appreciation week at our school and we go all out.  3 weeks ahead of time, we solicit for donations from parents ($30-50 per child is suggested).  We do Kudos boards at the entrance and the parents write kudos to their teachers each day and attach candy.  We also do handwritten notes for each teacher.

we do gifts and gift certificates each day.  We found really cute built lunch bags as a gift and also got some really nice umbrellas and had all the parents and kids decorate them for each teacher.

We also have the parents bring breakfast and lunch treats for the teachers each day during that week.

Last year, they did a photo book for each teacher with all the kids' pictures--it went over really well.

• Options
    imagecookielady:

Ohhh.. another thought.  Not sure which school you are in, but some teachers would love to have their classroom library built up.  Have the kids bring in a favorite title and they can put a sticker inside of the book that says donated to Mrs. X's library by K. 2010-11 school year.

For me, I don't need the chocolate (summer around the corner doesn't help), everyone has such different opinions of what smells good (candles, lotions), but I can always use things for my classroom.

Love the library idea!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"