March 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else feel trapped?

So yesterday I hope to attend a mommie stroller workout in the morning and maybe a breastfeeding group in the afternoon. I was hoping I could at least make one of these.

Well my little one has developed a bad pattern. She sleeps 15 to 20 min irregular naps throughout the day, making her really cranky and a constant crier. She does sleep almost 6 hours and another 3 hours at night at least.

Well the day before, she had a day with a really late night to get to a 6 hour sleep.  Thus the next morning I didn't want to wake her to go to the stroller workout. She was awake and cranky when it was time to for the breastfeeding group. I didn't want to take her when she was that fussy. Thus I spent another day at home walking her and trying to get her to sleep with no such luck.

Anyone else struggling to find a different type of normal?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else feel trapped?

• Options
    There was one day I wanted to go to the grocery store, but Luke was fussy, so I didn't.  After that, I told myself that I just need to go where I'm planning to go so that he gets used to going places.  I've found that when he's fussy, the car ride settles him right down and he's either asleep or in a good mood for at least a few hours.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, but not because my baby is particularly fussy, in fact she's usually pretty quiet.  The thought that she might become cranky or even that I might have to feed her in public (!) is what keeps me home.  I know I just need to go and that will help me feel more confident, but it's hard!  You're not alone!  I did make it a breastfeeding group yesterday and I'm really glad that I went.  There were lots of moms and babies there; and many of them were cranky or crying, so you shouldn't let that discourage you.  I think if anyone would understand about a crying baby it's other moms in the same situation!  You should go the breastfeeding group the next time there is one...it made me feel a less trapped and lonely!  I'm sure this will all get better with time too...us first time moms just have to figure it out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I read (can't remember which book- Babywise?) that they have changes in their sleep patterns at 7 and 8 weeks. Landon just finished his changes, hopefully!

• Options
    i sat in our front entryway for 20 mins last saturday trying to calm LO down enough to go for a walk.  I finally just bit the bullet and went out despite his crying.  he settled down once we got going.  at least for a little while.  it was hard to take the first step though.
  • Options
    I know how you feel and "trapped" is a good word. We go out a lot but just not to groups yet which means there's still a lot of "alone-with-baby" time. As a teacher, I used to be so busy and social and now it's pretty quiet. I'm not worried about crying or BFing (I'm lucky that he's usually pretty calm when he's in the car or stroller), I just don't want to make commitments that I'm going to have trouble keeping because we have no real schedule yet. I don't have any advice but I agree with pp, you might just need to concede and go out. I'm okay with waiting until my LO is a little older but if you need to be out with other moms, I say at least give it a try. If not, you can change your perspective on it - you're not trapped, you're getting a break from commitments.
  • Options
    I think you just need to go out.  It's not the end of the world if your baby is fussy.  It sounds like you want to take your baby to activities with other moms too.  They will understand if you have to have to hold your baby or calm it.  You need to be happy too.  Don't be trapped by your babies sleep schedule.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know it's hard, but you just have to do it---go out.  I totally know how you feel.  My DD hates her car seat.  She will scream her head off for the entire ride.  This alone has kept me in the house.  Last week I decided we were going to go on a playdate.  I loaded her up and she was actually really good the whole way there.  It was such a relief.  It's scary, but just do it.  You never know how it will turn out.  Good luck.  
  • Options
    Luckily  I really don't have anywhere to go during the day, and if I have to go to the store I take DS.  Or if it isn't something I NEED to go to the store for I will wait for DH to get home and go by myself.  It doesn't kill DH to spend time with our LO alone.  The times I have gone out DS has been semi fussy--he's a baby and if people have a problem they can shove it :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I understand what you mean. I have a 2yr old at home with me all the time too, so I dont have much room to move my old normal around for my little Lily. But she doesnt wake easily, and loves to nap on and off all day long, then at night she will have stretches of being awake, and I mean wide awake. I am lucky enough to not have to work and be a stay at home mom, but its hard. We have been trying to potty train our 2yr old DD, but its hard when her dad is gone to work most of the time, and Im breastfeeding. 

Eventually I know it will get better. Lets all hope that it is soon, I know I do for you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"