Health & Exercise

Monday 30 Day Shred Check in!

Today should be day 20 for me but I took Saturday off. Trying to decide if I'll stick to level 2 for another day or move on to level 3. Any suggestions? I've definitely seen some changes in my body but I'll be so happy to make it to day 30 and take a break. My knees are wrecked! Where's everyone else at? How's it going?
imageimage

Re: Monday 30 Day Shred Check in!

• L1 D4 went really good! Still really feeling it in my thighs but in a good way. I've decided to move up from 3lb to 5lb weights to (hopefully) see some results.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You might find this article interesting :) I found it through theshreadheads.com. I use super light weights and sometimes no weights because I'm an hourglass shape and it says that tends to add bulk.  Good luck! https://www.enotalone.com/article/5789.html
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the same thing.  Saturday should have been day20, but I took a 4 mile run with a friend instead.  I moved to L3 the next day as planned.  Today was d2 of L3 and man is it instense!!  I do plan to mix it up with running after the ten days are done though.
  • imagestella_blu:
    You might find this article interesting :) I found it through theshreadheads.com. I use super light weights and sometimes no weights because I'm an hourglass shape and it says that tends to add bulk.  Good luck! https://www.enotalone.com/article/5789.html

Wow, thank you so much for this! I'm also an hourglass and pretty much everything outlined in the article rang true. Maybe I will stick with the lighter weights for a while!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just curious for those who do other cardio on top of the 30DS. Do you think adding running/cardio has any added benefit/change? I am looking to tone up and generally run but I have trouble with weights/strength training at the gym so I thought maybe I'd give this video a shot, but I know that I can't give up my runs. Thoughts?
  • imagemeljp430:
    Just curious for those who do other cardio on top of the 30DS. Do you think adding running/cardio has any added benefit/change? I am looking to tone up and generally run but I have trouble with weights/strength training at the gym so I thought maybe I'd give this video a shot, but I know that I can't give up my runs. Thoughts?

I enjoy running far more than weights.  I feel inept when it comes to lifting or making a lifting plan, so the 30ds is perfect for me.  I think that the 30ds is great for toning.  I notice a decrease all around my body while doing it.  I challanged myself to do the 30ds in 30 days (took 1 day off already and only ran).  I know in another 8 days, I will run and mix in the 30ds to keep up with the toning.

• I am on L1D2 and I'm loving it! Since it's only 25 minutes I can easily squeeze it in during LO's morning nap and I'm definitely feeling the burn. I go back to work in 7 weeks, so this is part of my "Operation Get Body Back" routine :)

I also have 6W6P and No More Trouble Zones...do any of you ladies mix these in if you have time?

• imageerakgail:

I am on L1D2 and I'm loving it! Since it's only 25 minutes I can easily squeeze it in during LO's morning nap and I'm definitely feeling the burn. I go back to work in 7 weeks, so this is part of my "Operation Get Body Back" routine :)

I also have 6W6P and No More Trouble Zones...do any of you ladies mix these in if you have time?

I have both of those in my Queue from Blockbuster. I'll give them a try but may have to do more love impact stuff for a while to let my knees heal when I'm done with 30ds. Let us know what you think of them! 

imageimage
  • Wow!  Such an interesting article.  I am a true hourglass.  I printed off that portion.  It's making me really rethink how I'm exercising.  I do bulk up fast and that is NOT what I want.  Hmm....
    image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"