Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Re: FFFC

• I totally judged this dude at the gym yesterday. He was twice my size and lifting less weight on the same shoulder press. Yes, I know it's possible he was injured or something. I still thought he was a candyass. That's all I got.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I woke up at 3am and something was wet on my boob. For whatever reason, I thought it would be a good idea to taste it to see if it was breastmilk or sweat. Pretty sure it was sweat. Thanks sleeping brain.
  • Loading the player...
  • I judged parents I didn't even see yesterday.  H and I walk every evening after dinner with Molls and our dog. There are two kids (6 and 8?) in a backyard who always say hi to us. Yesterday, they told us their names, and walked down the street with us a bit to look at the dog and baby.  They could of been kidnapped so easily...I told them to go home and not talk to strangers.  I judge their parents for not keeping an eye on them and not teaching them to know about stranger danger.
  • My son's father and I didn't work out. I've decided that I'm never going on a date with another man again. I honestly cannot see myself introducing my son to a random guy or putting him in the care of another man. All I can see is how many crazy and sick people are in the world...and just my luck I'd find him. So because of that I've taken a vow of singleness forever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My H decided he wants to lose weight, which I FULLY support. He has gained around 60lbs. since we got married 6 years ago. He asked me to buy only healthy stuff and get rid of all the junk in the house: soda, chips, cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. I got rid of it all. The confession part is: I feel like I'm being punished and I went and bought stuff and hid it for myself. I did great and got down to my pp weight and I'm back in all my pp clothes. I deserve a piece of candy or a pop if I want it. I do feel a little bad, but obviously NOT too bad, because I did it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I baked some brownie bites last night for my boss's bday since she's always going out of her way to get cupcakes and cards for our birthdays.  Part of me thought about using breastmilk instead of cow's milk on some of them because I can't stand some of my co-workers.  Then I thought it would be a cruel prank and decided against it.
  • imagesherbetlemon:
    I woke up at 3am and something was wet on my boob. For whatever reason, I thought it would be a good idea to taste it to see if it was breastmilk or sweat. Pretty sure it was sweat. Thanks sleeping brain.

I've done this too, but it was spit up Ick!

• imageLovingBaz:
    I judged parents I didn't even see yesterday.  H and I walk every evening after dinner with Molls and our dog. There are two kids (6 and 8?) in a backyard who always say hi to us. Yesterday, they told us their names, and walked down the street with us a bit to look at the dog and baby.  They could of been kidnapped so easily...I told them to go home and not talk to strangers.  I judge their parents for not keeping an eye on them and not teaching them to know about stranger danger.
    I totally judge these parents as well. I KNOW I'm going to be a super paranoid parent. Having a background in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement I know all the bad things that can happen. I may be cynical and not trust very many people, but I can bet you my kids will be super schooled in what not to do in regards to strangers.
  • imagefranceshouseman:
    My H decided he wants to lose weight, which I FULLY support. He has gained around 60lbs. since we got married 6 years ago. He asked me to buy only healthy stuff and get rid of all the junk in the house: soda, chips, cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. I got rid of it all. The confession part is: I feel like I'm being punished and I went and bought stuff and hid it for myself. I did great and got down to my pp weight and I'm back in all my pp clothes. I deserve a piece of candy or a pop if I want it. I do feel a little bad, but obviously NOT too bad, because I did it.

I can see myself doing this! My DH has a crazy pop-and-chips habit, and although I wouldn't call him overweight, he needs to eat better. I, on the other hand, have been working my tush off to lose this baby weight and feel that I deserve some treats once in a while!  Shhhhh....don't tell him about the bag of Oreos in behind the pots and pans.

I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefranceshouseman:
    imageLovingBaz:
    I judged parents I didn't even see yesterday.  H and I walk every evening after dinner with Molls and our dog. There are two kids (6 and 8?) in a backyard who always say hi to us. Yesterday, they told us their names, and walked down the street with us a bit to look at the dog and baby.  They could of been kidnapped so easily...I told them to go home and not talk to strangers.  I judge their parents for not keeping an eye on them and not teaching them to know about stranger danger.
    I totally judge these parents as well. I KNOW I'm going to be a super paranoid parent. Having a background in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement I know all the bad things that can happen. I may be cynical and not trust very many people, but I can bet you my kids will be super schooled in what not to do in regards to strangers.

There are a few sex offenders in our neighborhood too, I think it's great the kids are playing outside, instead of in front of the TV but it scared me how easily we could of said "come home with us, get in the car and see the doggy...etc"

• Oh, and my own FFFC: my DH is totally stressed about money right now because we are trying to sell our house and buy one that is significantly more expensive. He wants to wait another year, but I am pushing him even though I know he's nervous. I feel slightly bad about it, but I'd rather be happy in my home and have penny-pinch for a year than be stuck in this tiny little place full of "projects."
    I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageFirstBabyMomma:

imagefranceshouseman:
    My H decided he wants to lose weight, which I FULLY support. He has gained around 60lbs. since we got married 6 years ago. He asked me to buy only healthy stuff and get rid of all the junk in the house: soda, chips, cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. I got rid of it all. The confession part is: I feel like I'm being punished and I went and bought stuff and hid it for myself. I did great and got down to my pp weight and I'm back in all my pp clothes. I deserve a piece of candy or a pop if I want it. I do feel a little bad, but obviously NOT too bad, because I did it.

I can see myself doing this! My DH has a crazy pop-and-chips habit, and although I wouldn't call him overweight, he needs to eat better. I, on the other hand, have been working my tush off to lose this baby weight and feel that I deserve some treats once in a while!  Shhhhh....don't tell him about the bag of Oreos in behind the pots and pans.

I'm guilty of this! H isn't overweight, but if there's anything good in the house he will literally just eat it until it's gone. I'm talking entire boxes of oatmeal cream pies in one day. He even ate the entire dozen cookies my mother brought to me while I was in labor!! 

• imageLovingBaz:

imagefranceshouseman:
    imageLovingBaz:

There are a few sex offenders in our neighborhood too, I think it's great the kids are playing outside, instead of in front of the TV but it scared me how easily we could of said "come home with us, get in the car and see the doggy...etc"

That makes me sick to my stomach! I bet their parents don't even know about the sex offenders. I am seriously crazy and check our sex offender list once every couple of weeks.
  • imagesherbetlemon:
    imageFirstBabyMomma:

imagefranceshouseman:

I'm guilty of this! H isn't overweight, but if there's anything good in the house he will literally just eat it until it's gone. I'm talking entire boxes of oatmeal cream pies in one day. He even ate the entire dozen cookies my mother brought to me while I was in labor!! 

I just want to say thank you ladies. You've made me feel less guilty. Ha ha!
  • imagesherbetlemon:

Same! Ice cream, chips, cookies, even junky cereal (if we buy it, which is rare)...I basically have to scarf them down or separate them into mine-and-yours containers if I want any. This is why I have taken to hiding yummy things.

• imagefranceshouseman:
    imagesherbetlemon:
    imageFirstBabyMomma:

imagefranceshouseman:

I just want to say thank you ladies. You've made me feel less guilty. Ha ha!

Sisterhood of food hoarders UNITE!! 

• I get annoyed when people tell me that the average age for a kid to STTN is 2 years old.

Even if it's true, I always wonder if it's because there are parents out there who never worked on their kids falling asleep without them (like how you would see on Nanny 911 or SuperNanny).

And thanks to the La Leche LC who answered a bunch of question by just suggesting I co-sleep at night.  Uh, no thanks, not for us. We already made the transition from PNP to his own crib 3 months ago. Not going backwards. *sigh*

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• So I started C25K this week, and just to get an idea of where I'm starting, I made the ginormous mistake of weighing myself. I weigh almost as much as I did when I was nine months pregnant. Not that I didn't know that eating out all the time would catch up with me, but good grief. Guess it's a good thing I decided to get off my lazy a$$ Worst part: I still want Chick fil A for lunch Embarrassed
  • On my morning commute, it was raining so traffic was going extra slow. Well, I was doing my best to keep up with the flow while keeping a safe distance from the driver in front of me (I think 80 in a 70 zone while it's raining is pretty speedy) but this guy was riding my cute butt like nobody's business... then the first shot he got he whipped around me, cut me off, and nearly clipped my car. I laid on my horn and shouted "I HOPE YOU SPIN OUT AND CRASH, A-HOLE!" But then I felt really bad about hoping someone would crash and repented.

What was really funny was that traffic was so bad, I followed him all the way into town because he a) couldn't go any faster than I could, and b) couldn't lane-dodge me because traffic was bumper-to-bumper. I would have loved to pull up next to him like the Grey Poupon ads and ask him how his morning drive was going... the jerk-face. 

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • imageMJLab78:

I get annoyed when people tell me that the average age for a kid to STTN is 2 years old.

Even if it's true, I always wonder if it's because there are parents out there who never worked on their kids falling asleep without them (like how you would see on Nanny 911 or SuperNanny).

And thanks to the La Leche LC who answered a bunch of question by just suggesting I co-sleep at night.  Uh, no thanks, not for us. We already made the transition from PNP to his own crib 3 months ago. Not going backwards. *sigh*

I agree with you that the LC sitch is frustrating, but not everyone would view co sleeping as going backwards. Just sayin. 

• imagesherbetlemon:
    imageMJLab78:

I get annoyed when people tell me that the average age for a kid to STTN is 2 years old.

I agree with you that the LC sitch is frustrating, but not everyone would view co sleeping as going backwards. Just sayin. 

I agree. I started co-sleeping at 3 weeks because I couldn't function for my 3 year old during the day. I actually enjoy it and just pull my boob out and go back to sleep. It's awesome. Of course, I understand it's not for everyone...
  • DH ticked me off...so I hid the remote.  Then denied it.  Ha!!!
  • I'm feeling very apathetic about my marriage lately.  I'm not sure if I want to spend the rest of my life with H, he's doing a lot of things that are really making me mad, and he has a parenting style that I often don't agree with.  But I just can't bring myself to do anything about it.  I know I should suggest counselling, and sit down and talk to him about how I'm feeling, but I just don't feel like it.  Blah.

Note: when i say I don't agree with his parenting, I'm not saying he's a bad dad or abusive.  But he always screws up her bedtime routine, will let her scream her head off at nap or bedtime (I let her cry but only to a certain level.  If she's in her screaming mode I go to her), and freaks out every time she spits up (he thinks it's gross and asks her "what's wrong with you??"  which just seems mean to me) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My confession is that I think my mom's fibromyalgia "diagnosis" is bullshiit. I want to make it clear that I am in no way saying that it is not a real condition that some people actually have, but in her case, and with her history, I think it is out and out bs.

She is a recovering addict (pain killers), and "hid" her use of them from myself and the rest of our family for a couple of years. I knew something was off, but never really knew how to go about bringing it up with her. Eventually she told us what had been going on and sought out-patient treatment (very hard/embarassing for a mom to have to tell her adult children, and took a lot of bravery).

Meanwhile, she was being prescribed tons of different meds (staying away from opiates) to help her "pain" and it was getting scary. Some of the meds were causing her to fall asleep mid-sentence. I was worried, mortified, embarassed, and angry over all of this.

Somewhere in this mix of crap that was going on she began telling us she had fibromyalgia and it was being treated with with suboxone. In most instances this is a drug (a controversial one to say the least) that is prescribed somewhat as maintenance for treatment of opiod addiction, but she was prescribed this as part of her pain management for her fibromyalgia.

I have a hard time believing that this is her actual diagnosis. I feel like she "picked" this to tell us, because it is hard to diagnose and has never shared how her doctor even came to this conclusion. I know she doesn't have to share all of her health info with me, but the conversations we have had lead me to believe she is being dishonest and just making this all up to keep taking some kind of medication(almost every other person in my family agrees).

I am angry with her for not being the kind of grandma to her grand kids that my grandma was to me (I know this sounds awful), I am angry that I can't trust her to be alert enough to be with my children alone. I am angry at her for so many things that it is really taking a toll on our relationship and my feelings towards her.

Sorry this turned into such an incoherant rant. If you made it this far, thank you for reading. I think I just needed to get that out.

• imageLovingBaz:

The issue here for me is not that they were playing outside unattended but that they were chatting up strangers. My oldest plays outside unattended (we live at the end of a court in a townhouse) with the other neighborhood kids all the time, but he damn sure knows not to say a word to people he doesn't know, and he also knows he has to stay within sight of the house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • People with germ phobias are crack me up.  I know we want to keep our LOs health but there is point where "it's too much" 

• I refuse to call chiropractors "doctor."
  • I just cussed at Fi at his work over a recorded line. I called him to have him come home so I could take DS to the pedi after he fell, and he told me to hold on, and came back and said "I really can't leave today. I'll send you an ambulance" (he answers 911). And I said no, I'm not paying $1000 for an ambulance for a doctors office that's a mile away. It's easier for you to come home. He says "I had to come home earlier this week because you were sick. Now it looks bad if I have to come home because Mason managed to fall off the bed, and you don't want an ambulance, but just for me to come home". And the vulgar 4letter words started to flow out of my mouth. I hope someone heard me, or listens to it, because I don't give two shiits whether his coworkers and boss think it's necessary or not.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • I am p!ssed at a few of my friends right now.  They talked me into hosting a jewelry party and all promised to come (I go to all their sh!t), but now a bunch of people are backing out.  My husband and I busted @ss this week to clean up our basement after using it as storage during renovations so that it was presentable for guests.  If you didn't want to come, tell me early enough so I can cancel the whole damn thing.

• imageLolliLately:

I am p!ssed at a few of my friends right now.  They talked me into hosting a jewelry party and all promised to come (I go to all their sh!t), but now a bunch of people are backing out.  My husband and I busted @ss this week to clean up our basement after using it as storage during renovations so that it was presentable for guests.  If you didn't want to come, tell me early enough so I can cancel the whole damn thing.

This has happened to me a few times and it pisses me off to no end. Of course it's after you've already gone to their party and spent money. I had a Partylite party and recipe exchange in January, had 30 people RSVP yes, and only 5 showed up.

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Baby Legs look stupid.  I don't care if they make diaper changing "easier".  Seriously.  It's not that hard to take off a pair of pants and change the diaper.  I understand they may protect their legs from rug burn while they are crawling, but if it's that big of deal put a freakin pair of pant on the kid.  Sheesh....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerochella:
    This isn't really a confession, but I'm damn excited to try a Hardee's turkey burger for lunch today.  I haven't eaten out once this week!  Woot.

I had one a couple weeks ago, it was super delicious!  Hmmm, now I want one for dinner.

Birthday
  • 1.  Sometime I think my DH sucks at parenting.  Granted I'm home with Poptart all day, but come on.  I know you work 16 hour days and I know you're tired, but she doesn't want to sit on your shoulder while you're on the computer. 

2.  LovingBaz--I would love nothing more than to give your DD a squishy kiss on those squishy cheeks!

3.  I always judged parents who had their child sleep in their room past STTN but I'm just not ready to move P to her crib!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i let Eli watch South Park. I will stop when he begins to show signs of knowing what's going on, but i'm not ready for Yo Gabba Gabba yet. 
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • imageLoisLane23:

imagestilts1:
    Baby Legs look stupid.  I don't care if they make diaper changing "easier".  Seriously.  It's not that hard to take off a pair of pants and change the diaper.  I understand they may protect their legs from rug burn while they are crawling, but if it's that big of deal put a freakin pair of pant on the kid.  Sheesh....

That's a UO, not a FFFC.

And, BabyLegs are awesome. It's a convenience thing, and I like 'em.

Yes I love baby legs. I have 3 pair for bugs easter basket!

• imageeddy321:
    I'm not a parent of a teen, so I have no right to judge, but I do it anyway.  I wish parents would just get with it and take responsibility for their kids.  I have so many students whose parents say things like, "He won't listen, and I don't want him to hate me" or, "I can't do anything about it.  Maybe you can talk to her."  When did parents stop being parents?  Seriously, they're thirteen... you're there to ensure they're brought up right, not to be their friend.

I judge too.  And I do my best to learn how NOT to parent from these people. 

• I think it sucks that my MIL treats DS like he is second rate.  Everything is all about SIL and her daughter.  Everyone always has to drop everything for them, but never for us, plus they didn't tell us her kid was sick so DS got sick and we had to postpone his surgery for a second time. 

I really wish I could just tell DH that I am done with her, but he loves his mom, and I just can't find it in me to be that mean.

Birthday
  • imageFirstBabyMomma:
    imagesherbetlemon:

Same! Ice cream, chips, cookies, even junky cereal (if we buy it, which is rare)...I basically have to scarf them down or separate them into mine-and-yours containers if I want any. This is why I have taken to hiding yummy things.

This is definitely my DH, too.  Drives me crazy when I'm wanting a snack and I discover everything is GONE!

• imageLoisLane23:

imagestilts1:
    Baby Legs look stupid.  I don't care if they make diaper changing "easier".  Seriously.  It's not that hard to take off a pair of pants and change the diaper.  I understand they may protect their legs from rug burn while they are crawling, but if it's that big of deal put a freakin pair of pant on the kid.  Sheesh....

That's a UO, not a FFFC.

And, BabyLegs are awesome. It's a convenience thing, and I like 'em.

Yeah, maybe.  But it's my confession for the day. Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSaraRuth2:

1.  Sometime I think my DH sucks at parenting.  Granted I'm home with Poptart all day, but come on.  I know you work 16 hour days and I know you're tired, but she doesn't want to sit on your shoulder while you're on the computer

DH does this, too.  Or he puts her in her bouncy seat.  I want to tell him to play with her, do tummy time with her, something, anything else.  But I don't want to complain because I need a break, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"