Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    imageUnpossible:

I have AtelierMethod-level opinions on babies and TV, particularly the Baby Einstein DVDs.

Your level rating system made me giggle. Thank you for that. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSimoneSays22:
    imageaartzer:
    imageemilydholmes1:

LCB and others took mine about the DH vents. Ridiculous.

Mind: I hate babylegs on boys. And most board/straddling hopping is really starting to get on my nerves.

Shoot I just got some baby legs for DS

See my siggy. I personally love them. It's OK. :)

And I mean this in defense of the PP who said she hates babylegs - everyone can dress their kid how they want. I hate overalls. I'm sure some people love them on their kid. 

Lol, I like overalls if they are pink and not made out of jeans. H however hates them and says it makes kids look like mini farmers.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblondek8:
    imageLCB34:

imageheatherm818:
    I also think it is ridiculous to treat your DD like a doll.  I do not dress her up in frilly uncomfortable crap because she looks cute.  She is a person, not a doll.  If she chooses to wear these things eventually, no problem.  But until then, I like to be comfortable and so will she.  I am not talking about special occasions like weddings.

I always laugh at these kinds of posts.  I'm really wondering what baby clothes are actually uncomfortable. 

Last time I checked, you can look cute/ put together and still be comfortable.  I know I can.  So, the same goes for my daughter. 

I wouldn't wear pajamas or lounge wear outside of the house so neither will my children.  And yes, a onesie falls in that category.

I kind of agree with LCB. Although my guys usually wear long sleeved onesies, I always get them dressed for the day. That means out of their pj's and into a shirt, sweater (if warranted) and jeans/cords with socks. They look pretty damn cute and comfy, I think. They're little people so I figure they should get dressed for the day just like the rest of us. ::shrugs::

I often take LO out w/ PJs. Its so much easier than putting socks or shoes on him that fall off or he pulls off. Judge me!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageWiscoWife:
    This is a fun thread. I'll have to think hard to play this game...but is it strange that I agree with most of them that you ladies have already posted?

Do you happen to be from Madison?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageKJmashup:

imageLILBIT1221:
    imagescoutkate:
    Angry Birds makes me angry.
    this is not unpopular haha. Sprint makes me angry that it wont let me play angry birds or WWF.

Really? I'm on Sprint and can play both of those games. Hmmm. But yeah, like a PP said, I had to quite playing Angry Birds because I got stuck on a level. 

well its a combo of Sprint not letting my craptastic phone let me play them. I need a new phone, but my contract isn't up until next month so I am waiting until then. What phone do you have? Do you like it?
  • Options
    imageWiscoWife:
    This is a fun thread. I'll have to think hard to play this game...but is it strange that I agree with most of them that you ladies have already posted?
    Not in the least. (See mine above.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageSimoneSays22:
    imageaartzer:
    imageemilydholmes1:

LCB and others took mine about the DH vents. Ridiculous.

Mind: I hate babylegs on boys. And most board/straddling hopping is really starting to get on my nerves.

Shoot I just got some baby legs for DS

See my siggy. I personally love them. It's OK. :)

And I mean this in defense of the PP who said she hates babylegs - everyone can dress their kid how they want. I hate overalls. I'm sure some people love them on their kid. 

I am excited for the baby legs because DS is really long and really skinny so pants don't work out that well. I do think they are cute and I think they will really confuse my MIL. I do like my MIL but it is still fun to mess with her.

"Seriously, it’s like we’re the velociraptors at the end of Jurassic Park circling our prey, and then the Bumpie tyrannosaurs come in and tear some **** up. Except instead of killing us, they eat Joseph Mazzello."-GOMI
  • Options

I can't stand country music.  

Or cats.  

Or eating anything that lives in the water.  

DH and I argue about once every two months.  

I love being a SAHM.  I wish I could lounge around the pool and get my nails done.

I hate wine.  

I don't see that attraction in being skinny (I can understand fit, but it seems like most people just want to be skinny).  

I own a prepaid cell phone and I use it for texts and calls.  I have a computer for everything else.  

I hate coffee.

I love living in a 632 sq. ft. apartment.

I think living in a little box made of ticky tack would suck. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I love being a SAHM.  I wish I could lounge around the pool and get my nails done.

I hate wine.  

I don't see that attraction in being skinny (I can understand fit, but it seems like most people just want to be skinny).  

I own a prepaid cell phone and I use it for texts and calls.  I have a computer for everything else.  

I hate coffee.

We have a lot in common. I am a no ticky tack, no cat, no seafood, no coffee,  hating country music kinda gal too.

• Options
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

We have a lot in common. I am a no ticky tack, no cat, no seafood, no coffee,  hating country music kinda gal too.

WTF is ticky tack? 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefranceshouseman:
    imageSimoneSays22:

OK, so here's my mine.

I love my friend, but she has a 1 year old and has yet to feed her what I consider "real" food. She still buys Gerber food, like soft, cut up carrots. Really? You can't steam some carrots yourself and cut them up for your kid? And then she b!tches on fb about how her daughter won't feed herself.

She has a weight problem and keeps saying how she hopes her daughter doesn't have the same problems. I want to yell at her to freaking cook!! And make your daughter food!

And I'm in no way judging parents who don't make their own baby food. I'm saying once your kid is past purees, I think they should get homemade food. 

I totally agree. And those Gerber toddler meals are gimics. Cook them something!

I totally bought into those w/ DS for lunches... YEAH gimics and NASTY ones at that!!!

• Options
    imageSimoneSays22:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

WTF is ticky tack? 

LOL you obviously don't watch weeds.  It's the houses in the suburban neighborhoods that all look the same and are all new-ish and also called McMansions. 

• Options
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imageKJmashup:

imageLILBIT1221:
    imagescoutkate:
    Angry Birds makes me angry.
    this is not unpopular haha. Sprint makes me angry that it wont let me play angry birds or WWF.

Really? I'm on Sprint and can play both of those games. Hmmm. But yeah, like a PP said, I had to quite playing Angry Birds because I got stuck on a level. 

well its a combo of Sprint not letting my craptastic phone let me play them. I need a new phone, but my contract isn't up until next month so I am waiting until then. What phone do you have? Do you like it?

I have the HTC EVO. Love it! Battery life could be better, but most smartphones have this issue. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    imageMrsLacy:
    imageSimoneSays22:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

WTF is ticky tack? 

LOL you obviously don't watch weeds.  It's the houses in the suburban neighborhoods that all look the same and are all new-ish and also called McMansions. 

Oooh, this inspired me to post another UO: I don't like the show "Weeds." I tried watch the first several episode of the first season, and it bored me to tears. I was, like, a suburban mom selling MJ to make ends meet? Big whoop. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options

I cannot/will not eat any food off of a bone. No exceptions.

I hate cheese.

I hate the word "moist" ::shudders::

I would love for Lady Gaga to fall off the face of the Earth.

Lucas 11/10/2010 I Donovan 10/09/2007 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ReaLIZAtions
  • Options
    imageMrsLacy:
    imagekcl22:

I wholeheartedly agree with LCB and MrsLacy. 

I also love how Listerine burns my mouth.  Mouthwash without alcohol doesn't work.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you too.  That "burning" sensation makes my mouth feel and tingly and clean when I'm done.  The stuff w/o alcohol just makes me feel like I sucked on a nasty mint. 

Yes 

• Options

Re: uncomfortable girl outfits

*points to siggy picture* My mom bought this outfit and took this picture of DD, which is cute. But that thing is scratchy as all hell and she'll never wear it again.

Though I agree there are cute, comfortable, put-together ensembles and she does wear those - sometimes (today, she's in a onesie and babylegs Smile)

• Options
    imageKJmashup:
    imageMrsLacy:
    imageSimoneSays22:
    imageemilydholmes1:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

WTF is ticky tack? 

Oooh, this inspired me to post another UO: I don't like the show "Weeds." I tried watch the first several episode of the first season, and it bored me to tears. I was, like, a suburban mom selling MJ to make ends meet? Big whoop. 

There is soooo much more to that show.  I've been watching it on Netflix and I can't stop watching it.  I'm obsessed. 

• Options
    imagePB1980:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

I like you. Country music can suck it. So can cats, with their stuck-up ways. Coffee is downright nasty. I love living in a smallish space, too (about 700 sq ft?). Keeps me from stuffing our home with unneeded crap. But seafood? Seriously? It's the reason I can't be vegetarian. Well, seafood and bacon.

ITA about the seafood and bacon. I just cannot give them up. (mostly bacon) pretty much all of the above. I might not be able to live in a space that small though but close to it. We don't use nearly all of our living space in our house and it's such a waste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

My girlcrush on you just got even worse. Except for the cats and seafood. Please don't bust out your iTunes or we're going to have a situation on our hands..

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

I disagree with most of this! Wink

I pretty much only listen to country music. I'm more of a dog person, but I like cats too. I love most things that live in the water -- anything slimy and still in it's shell just looks gross, and I refuse to try it. I was skinny before I got pregnant, and I'm trying to get back to my old skinny self. I love coffee! I lived in an apartment that small in college and did not enjoy it -- I need some space!

• Options
    I hate when friends of ours complain about their financial issues, especially when the subject is approached in a "let's commiserate" sort of way. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. We can't commiserate, we don't have the issue they have. And I don't consider myself luck for this, we live within our means, save as much as we can, and plan for rainy days. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imaget watley:
    I love Weeds, if for no other reason than the one episode where Hunter Parrish threw the cougar up on the counter in the bakery and nailed her. He's so effing hot. 

Schwing!

I heart Shane and his insanity. If I was in HS I would have posters of him in my room.  I know the show is about her, but I hate Nancy.  She's an effin' selfish whore.   

• Options
    Just past 9am and already 112 replies in? Why must this thread start so early? I'm in CT and I still can't keep up. Our poor bumpie friends on the west coast probably can't either.
  • Options
    imageKatieGraceB:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

My girlcrush on you just got even worse. Except for the cats and seafood. Please don't bust out your iTunes or we're going to have a situation on our hands..

Damn!  

::exits out of iTunes:: 

• Options

I think long engagements are stupid. Shvt or get off the pot man. What's the point of being engaged for 3 years or "pre"engaged for that matter?

If you're engaged that long to save money for a wedding, worse. Save the money for something that lasts longer than a day. (If you have the money for a big wedding without sacrificing other things this does not apply) If you're waiting that long to plan a wedding, wtf takes 3 years to decide? Pick a color, pick a dress, pick some food. No one really cares that much about anything but food, booze, and music at a wedding anyway.

*This uo brought to you by my sister and her need to have a Rockefeller wedding on her and her fiance's part time job budget. 

FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsLacy:

imaget watley:
    I love Weeds, if for no other reason than the one episode where Hunter Parrish threw the cougar up on the counter in the bakery and nailed her. He's so effing hot. 

Schwing!

I heart Shane and his insanity. If I was in HS I would have posters of him in my room.  I know the show is about her, but I hate Nancy.  She's an effin' selfish whore.   

I liked her at first but she really went off the deep end. WTF? This past season was the worse. Not sure how far you are so I don't want to say too much but she is really a NEGLIGENT mother!

Lucas 11/10/2010 I Donovan 10/09/2007 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ReaLIZAtions
  • Options

imagechach916:
    I like to use lots of exclamation points!!!  And I also use ellipses a lot....

Me too...!!!

• Options
    I really could care less about the "Royal Wedding". Surprise
  • Options
    imageMrsH44:

imagechach916:

Me too...!!!

Me too!!!! I also capitalize things to make a point. SEE!!!

I know Beccs and Linz do this too, because we've discussed it Wink

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    imageJKat876:
    imageMrsH44:

imagechach916:

Me too...!!!

Me too!!!! I also capitalize things to make a point. SEE!!!

I know Beccs and Linz do this too, because we've discussed it Wink

I'm really bad about capitalizing things when trying to make a point. 

• Options

imageJKat876:
    Just past 9am and already 112 replies in? Why must this thread start so early? I'm in CT and I still can't keep up. Our poor bumpie friends on the west coast probably can't either.

Even more reason to have a juicy evening edition.

• Options

imageJKat876:

You are so sweet always thinking of everyone else! I agree, too. I always think of Silly when these are started early.

We'll have an evening one for her!! 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
  • Options
    imagenikki368:
    imageMrsLacy:

Or cats.  

I hate wine.  

I hate coffee.

I disagree with most of this! Wink

I pretty much only listen to country music. I'm more of a dog person, but I like cats too. I love most things that live in the water -- anything slimy and still in it's shell just looks gross, and I refuse to try it. I was skinny before I got pregnant, and I'm trying to get back to my old skinny self. I love coffee! I lived in an apartment that small in college and did not enjoy it -- I need some space!

I'm with you Nikki Wink  I don't care about the Royal Wedding either

Also: I want another baby, but I think this is only an UO with my H.

• Options
    imageSimoneSays22:

imageJKat876:

You are so sweet always thinking of everyone else! I agree, too. I always think of Silly when these are started early.

We'll have an evening one for her!! 

I know-I always think poor Silly, will she take the time to read through it all? I know I don't. If it's past 50 I just can't-I have to get SOMETHING done at work once in a while.
  • Options
    imageLuJackCity:

I think long engagements are stupid. Shvt or get off the pot man. What's the point of being engaged for 3 years or "pre"engaged for that matter?

If you're engaged that long to save money for a wedding, worse. Save the money for something that lasts longer than a day. (If you have the money for a big wedding without sacrificing other things this does not apply) If you're waiting that long to plan a wedding, wtf takes 3 years to decide? Pick a color, pick a dress, pick some food. No one really cares that much about anything but food, booze, and music at a wedding anyway.

*This uo brought to you by my sister and her need to have a Rockefeller wedding on her and her fiance's part time job budget. 

I pph your UO!

• Options

imageJKat876:

Sorry, I was bored and needed a good read.  But you there will be at least one more today!  Same goes for tomorrow's FFFC.   

• Options
    imageMrsLacy:

imageJKat876:

Sorry, I was bored and needed a good read.  But you there will be at least one more today!  Same goes for tomorrow's FFFC.   

Damn these time differences!! If there is anything juicy on the earlier pages let me know so I can go back and read them!
  • Options
    imageJKat876:
    imageMrsLacy:

imageJKat876:

Damn these time differences!! If there is anything juicy on the earlier pages let me know so I can go back and read them!

Not really.

• Options
    imageKara5109:
    imageJKat876:
    imageMrsLacy:

imageJKat876:

Not really.

Ok good-I'm off to do some work then! I'll be back in the afternoon.

Happy 7 months to your sweet girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"