TTC After a Loss
Options

Tora

I paged you earlier, but I think you got off before I got it posted. Anyway, just saying that I was up in your hometowns this summer.  DH grew up in Detroit and then lived in Warren and owned a speed shop in Roseville. He took me all over to see his old haunts including a trip through "the hood" as he calls it to see where he grew up. We cruised Gratiot and then had a hani at National Coney Island. I loved the area, but told DH that we would have to come back to TX for fall and winter months.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tora

• Options
    Do you have many problems with Devil's night in Warren?

• Options

Lol, I was just about to reply to it but I opened another screen so I could read and reply at the same time, sorry I'm tired. I would love to go to Texas, lets trade. You were right around my house thats funny. I live in between Gratiot and Grosbeck off of 13 mile. My DH works in the hood so sorry to say I go there alot, he works at 71/2 and Kelly.

I tried to get DH to move to Texas when CVS bought out Osco, but he wasn't having it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH grew up at 7 and schoener (shayner) and his shop was off Grosbeck and 13 mile...small world! I want to come up sometime for the Woodward cruise.

TX is pretty cool, but very hot in the summer. We went up in June for a wedding in White Lake Township. I brought shorts and tank tops and sleeveless dresses thinking it would be in the 90s...hahaha...I got off the plane and it was like 60 something. I think it maybe got up to 85 while we were there. Like I said I can handle that in the summer, but hate snow...so no winters in MI!

• Options

I haven't really herd anything, but I know there were alot of police out. It's crazy though people go out a patrol their street.

Right now all the news talks about is Kwame, (spelt wrong but the mayor of Detroit) so nothing about Devils night will be out for a few days.

Today was so hot, and it is weird because it snowed Wednesday

• Options
    I asked DH if he really wanted to leave his car in the street tonight because it might get egged by teens. He said not to worry because all the bad stuff would have been last night since it was devil's night. I laughed and tried to explain that there is no devil's night down here.

• Options

I dont even know how to spell Schonnerr, and I worked on it at the CVS on 13 mile, I know there are alot of letters, like way to many. How long ago did he have a shop? DO you know what it was? Mi has winters they just dont start until Christmas lol, but you never know with the weather here people say " if you dont like MI weather wait 5 minutes it will change".

• Options
    Here anyway I think Devils night might be one of the safest nights
  • Options
    My DH worked midnights at his store a long time ago then he got promoted and moved to a different store for a year, now he is back there his first day 10 minutes into his shift his car got stolen. Who ever took it drove it for 3 days then crashed it into the side of a house.
  • Options
    He closed his shop in 2003. It was called Motown Motor SPorts and Dyno tuning. He asked how old you are and where you went to jr high. He went to St Raymonds until 8th grade.

• Options
    Never mind I looked in your bio and saw that you are 26. He is 32 so y'all probably didn't in school...but he had his shop up there from 2001-2003.

• Options
    I'm 26 and I went to East Detroit. Does he know that Lashish got closed down they were supporting terrism and sending money somewhere. That was a restraunt like a mile away from where he worked.
  • Options
    Nice..he says he remembers that place. You went to HS with his ex-wife, but she is 29/30.

• Options
    Did he know anyone else that went to school there? I have 3 30year old cousins that went there.
  • Options
    Sorry! DH got on to "check something" and then hogged the computer. He says he knows a lot of people, but since they are all prolly connected to ex prefers not to go there. She is a bit psycho/stalkerish. But she had younger bros so you might have known them. I don't know her maiden name, but her bros were named Javin (Jayvin) and something else with a J.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"