Military Families
Options

So it's real?

Friend just posted this on Facebook. I haven't checked ours for myself, but I've gotten a million texts from people saying that checks have been cut in half. This is just wonderful. :-( Never mind that my DH will be working longer days with less pay, what about the ones who are deployed? How are you supposed to do a job where your life is in danger if you can't even be sure that your family back home is taken care of?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So it's real?

• Options
    **************Notice to all military members************
    Your Leave and Erning Statement (LES) shows 1/2 the total of your Mid-Month pay.
    The reason for this is; DFAS can not project past April 8th which covers April 1-8. Once the budget is signed, April 9-15 will be posted.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

Statement on Possible
    Government Shutdown

The Administration hopes that a government shutdown can be averted, so that servicemembers and DoD employees can be paid in full and on time. If the funding bill is enacted at the last minute, it is possible that payroll payments could be split into two electronic deposits or checks, but the total amount normally paid will not be affected.

If a funding bill is not passed, resulting in a government shutdown, the Department of Defense will have no legal authority to pay military members or civilian employees for the days during which the government is shut down. The current Continuing Resolution Act (CRA) expires at midnight on April 8. Active and Reserve military members will be paid on time for pay earned prior to the expiration of the CRA -- approximately half of their normal mid-month payment. Civilians will be paid for each day worked through Friday, April 8. Because the normal pay period ends Saturday, April 9, this will usually equate to a full paycheck. The shutdown will not affect payments to retirees or annuitants because they are not paid from CRA appropriations.

Once another CRA or an appropriations act is signed into law, normal disbursement of pay will resume for pay earned after employees return to work. Excepted employees who perform duty during the shutdown will be entitled to retroactive payments, as will servicemembers. For furloughed employees, Congress will have to provide authority for retroactive payments to be made.

For additional information on how a government shutdown could affect your pay, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.dfas.mil/index.html

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really hope they fix this soon, because I just went on maternity leave and now my dh will only be getting 1/2 pay!  Man I hope it doesn't take to long to get my disability!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep just checked DH's LES and it is half of what it should be....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah its worse where I am at. The commissary is closed til further notice. They tried to kick us out of housing today because the BAH was only half too and the company is not getting their share. 
  • Options

imageTakaya:
    Yeah its worse where I am at. The commissary is closed til further notice. They tried to kick us out of housing today because the BAH was only half too and the company is not getting their share. 

Either someone dropped the ball or you misunderstood.

They will not be kicking anyone out of housing because of the shut down. You'll probably be required to cut them a check for the money once you get it if it doesn't go directly to them, but you're not going to get kicked out.  

5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options

imageTakaya:

Really? Where are you stationed? They tried to kick you out today? The government hasn't even officially shut down yet.  

• Options

imageTakaya:

This doesn't make any sense. The government hasn't even shut down yet. It is military housing even if they kicked you out they couldn't move other people in. Even in civilian world it would take several months of non-payment before you can evict someone. You can't just come in and say get out. I think you need to stop listening to whoever is spreading the rumors.  

• Options
    The privatized housing companies CANNOT kick you out on the premise that the government might shut down.  They were all paid on 1 Apr for the month, so you are good until 1 May.  If the government is still shut down by then, your base should have a plan to cover the housing costs.  If not, you may be required to write a check for your rent.
  • Options
    I'm on Mcguire AFB and housing sure stirred up a bunch of people. Even if they can't kick us out due to shutdown they sure made a huge deal about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"