Georgia Babies
Options

Ok... no reception!!

Now I'm just going to be stubborn about it.

I feel like the only reason I'm being pushed to have a reception after the baptism is because people will expect it.

My favorite answer to "I don't think I'll be doing anything" has so far been "then why are you even having a baptism?"

what do you mean why??? certainly not to throw a party for a bunch of people!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ok... no reception!!

• Options
    That's weird. You should just tell people you are going to lunch afterward with your immediate family...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's the fun part... it's all immediate family that I can't not invite! I'm only inviting 2 close friends on top of family that I just have to have there :(

They sure are making it something I'm not looking forward to and I hate that

Strangely enough it feels way too much like planning out wedding! although this time it's the other side of the family giving me a hard time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sometime people amaze me....it's ur call Aga. I don't think God cares if u r having a reception or not.
  • Options

lol Donna, true, true.

Aga, those comments are rude IMO..don't let that ruin this special occasion for you!

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Honestly, I've never even heard of a reception after a baptism. Being Catholic, it's just done at mass--or always has been at my churches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"