Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

post bcp question

I have been reading GP for a while now and know to expect irregular cycles after ending BCP. But when or if they return to 'normal' do they go back to how they were pre-bcp or do you get a new normal?

I've been on them for 12 years, I had very long (sometimes 10 days) periods with lots of cramps and some fainting. I hoping the fainting won't come back since the iron levels in my blood are better, but I am very nervous about the rest.

I finish my last pill pack next week. Any thoughts?

Re: post bcp question

• Options

it's really hard to tell, and different for everyone. you could regulate back your 'normal' the first or second cycle off, or it could take several months or a year. it's hard to say what they'll be like. my advice is to chart! it was very helpful for me to learn about my cycle after coming off BCP. i know that's probably not much help. but that's kinda how it goes.

gl to you!

• Options
    Mine are always changing, I ust to have 10-14 day periods before having DD. So far they haven't gone over 5 days. They say your cycle changes over the years so hopefully you won't have to go through what your used too. I would expect some nasty headaches from stopping the pill. That was my only major complaint. GL!
    Mommy to Catherine 5/19/2005 & Ryan 8/22/2009 My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone is different. Mine were normal the month that I came off BC
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP, my experience was I had a new normal.  Instead of 35-40 cycles pre BCP I was down to 30 day cycles and my periods were much lighter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was only on BCPs for 2 years and had much better AFs afterwards. I would guess that age also plays a role since those bad AFs were 12 years ago - unless there was some medical conditions that gave you crazy AFs like that.

• Options

The cycle itself even from the begining was 28-29 days. I wouldn't mind the clockwork function returning, I can do with out the passing out in the shower.

I have read TCOYF and am willing to give it a try.  I am not a very good sleeper in the morning and tend to wake up a lot between 4 and 6 am. DH has a very noisy dog.

thanks ladies.

• Options
    just set your alarm for 4 then, wake up, temp, and go back to sleep
  • Options
    Yeah its really different for everybody. I was on BCP since like 8th grade. Prior to BC my periods barely ever came and I had the worst cramps known to man, like curling in a ball on the floor bad. Obviously with BC they were normal and now i've been off for about 6 months and my periods have been pretty regular. Less days usually about 3-4 of bleeding and 28-31 days cycles. GL To you!
  • Options
    I got a new normal.  Prior to BCP, I only had a period maybe 4 times a year.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

I had regular cycles before BCP,  usually 28 to 30 days.     I was on BCP for 3 years, then went off for a year and my cycles returned back to the way they were before as soon as I went off. Never missed a period.

I then went on BCP again for another year, and I'm on my first cycle off (actively trying). I'm on cycle day 30 today, and I've had cramps but it doesnt' really feel like AF is coming today, so I'm guessing I will be longer this month either that or I'm PG (taking a test tomorrow).  Who knows.

It's really different for everyone. 

• Options

ditto what everyone else said. I was regular my whole life, easy periods, no major PMS, etc. went off the pill in August, still no period or O almost 3 months later. so....who knows.

Theoretically, they should eventually return to what they were before BCP, but I think the trick is "eventually" could be years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i've been off bcp for  a yr, and my cycle hasn't gone back to 28days. it's acutally been all over the place from 27-50. my last cycle that i just finished two days ago was 32days. you may just end up w/a new normal. like alot of the grls have said,everyone is different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"