July 2015 Moms
Options

where is everyones little ones at with crawling?

my baby seems so close to crawling but cant figure out to get up on her knees. how are yalls babes doing with crawling?

Re: where is everyones little ones at with crawling?

• Options
    My son can lift his upper body up and pushes himself but doesn't lift his knees either. He's very close but I'm not rushing him. Every baby is different and eventually he will get it!!!
  • Options
    LO not yet pushing up on his arms. He's tiny, 13 lbs at 6 months so I figure we might be late to the crawling game. I've seen him flip over both ways but he hates doing it, he wants to be a little carried-around lump for awhile longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO can push up and has pushed himself backwards. He tries to get his knees under him but just cant yet.
  • Options
    David tries to crawl but hasn't gotten it down yet. He looks like he's swimming in place trying to army crawl. I'm not ready! Time to baby proof. Starting today by getting our carpets cleaned lol.
  • Options
    She will either get on her knees or hands. Never both. She really wants to start. She is really good at rotating though, on stomach or back. I can have her on her playmate and the next thing I know she is facing the other direction. She has even gone all the way around, 360, in under 5 minutes. Lately though she hasn't wanted to do tummy time because she'll flip to back right away.
  • Options
    My LO has started sitting up on her own and is now leaning forward, trying to lunge herself forward but usually face plants..

When on her belly, she pushes up very well with her arms and her butt, but she still can't figure out the legs.

I'm in no rush. I want her to need me for every little thing for as long as possible lol. I'm selfish.
  • Options
    LO gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth then launches himself forward. He's so close to crawling. He'll sit by himself for quite awhile then gets bored and falls over so he can roll around.
  • Options
    My little guy gets himself raised up once in a while, but he hasn't figured out how to get his legs and arms moving together. He gets one leg or both and his butt up in the air and his head is down on the ground, or his head is up and he flails his legs. He has figured out how to scoot backwards and off someone, and he can roll all over heck and back, but crawling is still a mystery. My dad thinks it won't be long now though!!!

• Options
    My little lady who is 5 1/2 months old just started getting up on her knees today! But pushes herself up very well with her hands and has done that for quite awhile. I didn't think she would crawl early as she's only 13.3 lbs but she's sure trying! She does rotate in all directions while on tummy and flips from back to tummy anytime possible! She hasn't learned the whole sitting thing yet but is so so close!
  • Options
    Mine is 5 months and 2 weeks and has been army crawling for about 3 weeks. He can get his legs underneath him and holds himself up with his arms but he can't quite move like that yet. He can sit with support but we are still working on that. Every baby developed at different paces
  • Options
    6 1/2 months, not sitting up in her own yet, she put her knees underneath a couple times. She wants to go! But not ready for it yet :)
  • Options
    My LO will be 6 months on the 10th and he can army crawl very well. He gets to where he wants to go. He has also been able to get up on all four's since 5 months but still hasn't quite figured out how to move his arms and legs together to crawl, but I think we are close!
  • Options
    Mine can get her legs under her and can push up. But, not at the same time yet. Once she figures that out, she'll be unstoppable. She does the inch worm thing sometimes and moves around pretty good.
  • Options
    LO will be 6 months on the 10th and we have a crawler as of the 2nd! He is fast too! He moves really fast if you have food in your lap ha.
  • Options
    Our little one is sitting up. She looks like shes swimming when she son her stomach. She pushes up with her arms and swims her legs. She hasn't really figured out the coordination yet. Funny enough- when she's on her back, she'll push herself all around the room.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    LO is 5 months and wants to crawl after our dog so badly! She rolls to her belly and just flails every limb around. It's pretty funny to watch. She is probably still pretty far from actually crawling though.
  • Options
    My LO moves back instead of forward . Anyone else baby doing that?