Health & Exercise
Options

P90x or Insanity

Have you tried either? What were your thoughts?

Re: P90x or Insanity

• Options
    DH was checking out reviews for them and said pregnant women are advised not to do them, even if you are in really good shape.
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

I tried Insanity myself for about two weeks, but I couldn't handle it. It's very hard on your joints, and I've had trouble with my knees all my life. If you're in relatively good shape and have no joint/back issues then it's a wonderful workout. I also still use the diet plan that comes with the DVD.

I kind of feel like it's more for men than women, but that's just me.

image This is my mom's dog, but he was our dog for seven years before I moved out. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did Insanity before I got pg and lost 14 lbs without changing my diet (I was a fairly healthy eater, but would have 1-2 glasses of red wine almost every night and a chocolate treat). DH did it too and lost 20lbs. It is a hard workout with tons of plyometrics/cardio. If you have back/knee problems I do not recommend it. There is a lot of jumping. I did the workouts in my living room (its a large room) and would do part of it on the rug and part on the hard wood floors. 

I stopped it once I found out I was pg (I found out before my missed period). I DO NOT recommend you do this workout if you are pg, I would wait until after. I had a CS and felt too out of shape post partum to do insanity again, so I am doing turbo fire now (which is much easier than Insanity). I highly recommend Insanity once you have had LO, but not pg.

ETA: Woops, sorry. I read the PP PG ticker, I didn't realize you had your baby 2 months ago. So I say go for it. Insanity is hard and you will be sore, but you will see results fast. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Started P90X a few days ago...its hard but not too much to handle, we will see how it goes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I have done both, not while pregnant thoough. Insanity is very hard, I think P90x is doable while pregnant, if you are already in good shape.

I started the hybrid progam a month ago (p90x m-w-f and insanity t-th-sat). Its been good and I just found out i'm pregnant (about 4-5 weeks along.) So I have been doing that and plan to continue until the fatigue of the 1st tri sets in!

Hope this helps! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had done Insanity for 4 weeks and lost 6lbs.  I would have done the second half but I got my BFP and had to stop because it is definitely too much for pregnant women.  While doing the workouts my heart rate would get into the 160s to 170s. 

I recommend starting Insanity if you are in atleast some shape already.  I wouldn't advise Insanity for someone who hasn't done any workouts in a long time.  Also be sure to wear the proper shoes, cross trainers.  If not the arches of your feet could start to bother you.  I learned that lesson after the first week.

Good luck!  If you try it I think you'll find it addicting because the program will definitely get you results!

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"