May 2011 Moms

So are there actually uncommon labor signs?

Like I've heard that diarrhea is a labor sign. Nesting, surge of energy and nausea as well. Are these really true? They just seem so random and not really related at all. Also, if they are true I may be screwed. But I find it hard to believe.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: So are there actually uncommon labor signs?

• All the things you listed are things that def. happen towards the end of your pregnancy but not necessarily signs of labor.

The day I went in to active labor my signs were weird feelings in my stomach, sort of like contractions but not strong. I had a really achy lower back and I lost my mucous plug.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the night i had ds i had diarrhea and then about ten minutes later, i vomited.  that was when i knew that i was probably going to have him right away.  i had read in a birth book that both of those things commonly happen to women right before birth as a way to clear everything out of your body for labor.  kind of like your body's response to the idea of "don't eat anything 8 hours before surgery" or something.  
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that these things often happen around the time you go into labor, but they aren't necessarily signs on their own.  It's just like the signs and symptoms you get in first tri that point to being pregnant--just because you have them doesn't mean you're pregnant, but if you are pregnant, you'll probably have some or all of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes they are true but they don't happen to everyone.  They're related to hormone changes that happen when your body is gearing up for labor.

I'm not sure why you find these hard to believe? 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, they're all true and were discussed in my childbirth class. My best friend had diarrhea all night before she realized she was fully in labor with her twins.

But they can all happen without being related to going into labor, so it's hard to know. It's probably best to pay attention when those uncommon signs are combined with the more common ones.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • yup yup! Still waiting for that surge of energy - my to do list is getting a bit long!
  • I'm sure they can be, but I've been testing and nauseous for a while now, and can assure you that I am not in labor!
  • I had diarrhea the night before and the morning of the day dd was born. I know that's a very common sign. I would love to experience this energy surge people are speaking of! I'm exhausted pretty much all of the time. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm 36 weeks pregnant and chasing around a 2 year old and watching a 3 year old and 10 month old.
  • I have never went into labor so I couldn't tell you. I do know they say it is common to lose weight before labor starts and the week of my csection I lost 6 lbs so I always wonder if I was getting ready to go into labor...world will never know lol
  • for me - the day before my water broke I just felt "off".  Also the two days before I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom spotless.  Who in their right mind spends 6 hours on a normal size bathroom?  lol. 
  • I heard that at the onset of labor, you will want to explode from both ends. I get horrible gas pains and nausea like once a week at the grocery store, so I get a little nervous, but thankfully it hasn't progressed into anything!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been having these signs for 2 weeks now. Does that mean it's coming really soon? Or does it just mean I'm getting closer to my due date?
  • I had zero of those things happen with DD1. I never even had a "nesting" period. My water broke just shy of 38 weeks. Zero signs it was coming.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • imagedextermania:
    I've been having these signs for 2 weeks now. Does that mean it's coming really soon? Or does it just mean I'm getting closer to my due date?

This.  If these are signs that everyone experiences, this baby is coming tomorrow! Surprise 

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • This is my first on the way. Im 36 weeks now and I still have no problems or health issues or signs of labour being near. I think thats what's going to happen to me. I know most women say they go through BH contractions and nesting and nervousness even some nauseous at this point. But im just going through another day of nothing like the rest of my pregnancy so far.
  • I agree that they happen toward the end but not necessarily a sign of labor. I had lose stools a couple times the day before I went into labor. I went into nesting mode big time (I organized my Tupperware lids by size and color and lots of crazy organizing and cleaning) for almost the entire last month. 
  • I actually had all of those signs when I went into Pre-Term Labor with my daughter at 34 weeks, that's how I knew something was wrong. When I went into real labor I didn't have any of them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"