Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

***KdgTeacher***

I know I'm new here and really don't want to step on any toes, but your replies seem to be...I guess the word I'm looking for isn't necessarily snarky, but you seem to be kind of short with people today. I'm a total newbie and apologize if any of my posts are annoying...I'm just trying to feel the place out, learn some stuff, and interact with people going through the same thing. I'm sure some of the other new girls are just doing the same. Also I do realize there have been quite a few "gems" on here today so I can understand people being annoyed. I don't know...maybe I'm talking out of my arse. I just saw some of your posts today and got a vibe from them.

I apologize if I'm out of line.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
Dx PCOS 2002...500mgs metformin
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: ***KdgTeacher***

• Options
    You are out of line and talking out of your arse. I have yet to see an innapropriate response from her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't say inappropriate. Just kind of short. Not too welcoming to a new person if you see it a few times is all. Before today/tonight I have seen nothing like it so I'm not bashing her, I just wanted to point it out in case other girls might be feeling it.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

imagecantalopes24:
    You are out of line and talking out of your arse. I have yet to see an innapropriate response from her.

Word.

OP- I think you should go back to feeling this place out because you obviously don't "get" it yet.

Seriously, what is WITH the newbies on here lately???? 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Wow. Sorry I said anything.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options
    imageclosure17:

I know I'm new here and really don't want to step on any toes, but your replies seem to be...I guess the word I'm looking for isn't necessarily snarky, but you seem to be kind of short with people today. I'm a total newbie and apologize if any of my posts are annoying...I'm just trying to feel the place out, learn some stuff, and interact with people going through the same thing. I'm sure some of the other new girls are just doing the same. Also I do realize there have been quite a few "gems" on here today so I can understand people being annoyed. I don't know...maybe I'm talking out of my arse. I just saw some of your posts today and got a vibe from them.

1.  You are new--it does take some time to get to know the board, the mood, and the personalities of those on it.

2.  I don't hand hold and tell the answer an OP wants to hear.  Honesty is a b*tch sometimes and the people who have to hear it don't always like it.  That doesn't change my answer cause it might piss someone off.

3.  Tone is often hard to read over the internet.  If a reader takes it a different way how is that my fault?

4.  Common sense goes a long way. 

5.  PMs are set up for this type of thing.  The next time you have a personal issue, please take it up that way.

Thanks for your...concern about how I conduct myself on an internet message board.  Anything else I can do for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageclosure17:
    I didn't say inappropriate. Just kind of short. Not too welcoming to a new person if you see it a few times is all. Before today/tonight I have seen nothing like it so I'm not bashing her, I just wanted to point it out in case other girls might be feeling it.

I would hope that, since we're all adults, other adults can speak for themselves.

• Options

You making a post to call her out would be considered helpful how? Are you so new that you don't understand how a PM works? Are you surprised that you are on a very popular international public message board and not everyone responds the same way?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    She's probably disgusted with the amount of stupid around here today. Like a PP said, babygaga.com will have more puppies and rainbows. Are you going to call out EVERY SINGLE PERSON that might seem A LITTLE irritated? Put your big girl panties on. Seriously.
  • Options

imageclosure17:

So because you felt she could have been nicer by blowing smoke you thought an appropriate response to her "shortness" would be for a bunch of butt hurt girls to come together and complain after being inspired by your post?

• Options
    You're totally out of line. You need to lurk -A LOT- before you start posting ridiculousness like this. Really...calling out regulars because you don't like their 'vibe?!?!' Not a good way to start out if you plan to stay on this board.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options

imageJSRICH:
    She's probably disgusted with the amount of stupid around here today. Like a PP said, babygaga.com will have more puppies and rainbows. Are you going to call out EVERY SINGLE PERSON that might seem A LITTLE irritated? Put your big girl panties on. Seriously.

No, I just thought as a mod to the board maybe there would be a little more understanding when posting.

Like I said, sorry I said anything.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options
    PM is there for a reason dear.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    imagecantalopes24:

imageclosure17:

So because you felt she could have been nicer by blowing smoke you thought an appropriate response to her "shortness" would be for a bunch of butt hurt girls to come together and complain after being inspired by your post?

Yes, I'm starting an army. Confused

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

imagedoozer1345:
    PM is there for a reason dear.

Point very taken.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

So, why did you page me if you aren't going to respond to anything I've said?

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:
    imageclosure17:

3.  Tone is often hard to read over the internet.  If a reader takes it a different way how is that my fault? Valid point. That's part of the reason I tip toed around the subject. I'm someone that just speaks my mind and obviously this is a time it bit me.

5.  PMs are set up for this type of thing.  The next time you have a personal issue, please take it up that way. Like I said to someone else, point taken. I doubt I'll say anything to anyone like this again though seeing the replies this post has gotten. 

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

I made the mistake of diving in without lurking when I was ultra new (about a month ago).  I got a little beat down, but now that I know the vibe, rhythm and tone I've been able to get SO much out of the advice and stories from different people on here.  So to closure... I encourage you to keep posting and talking because this board is FULL of great advice BUT keep luking and listening before diving in again.  Had you done that you'd know A. we don't call people out like that on here and B. Kdg is awesome and very helpful.

<3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    imagecnogal:

I made the mistake of diving in without lurking when I was ultra new (about a month ago).  I got a little beat down, but now that I know the vibe, rhythm and tone I've been able to get SO much out of the advice and stories from different people on here.  So to closure... I encourage you to keep posting and talking because this board is FULL of great advice BUT keep luking and listening before diving in again.  Had you done that you'd know A. we don't call people out like that on here and B. Kdg is awesome and very helpful.

Thank you.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options
    imageclosure17:
    imageKdgTeacher:
    imageclosure17:

3.  Tone is often hard to read over the internet.  If a reader takes it a different way how is that my fault? Valid point. That's part of the reason I tip toed around the subject. I'm someone that just speaks my mind and obviously this is a time it bit me.

5.  PMs are set up for this type of thing.  The next time you have a personal issue, please take it up that way. Like I said to someone else, point taken. I doubt I'll say anything to anyone like this again though seeing the replies this post has gotten. 

You've been here 3 days at most.  Honestly, I think you jumped the gun on drawing conclusions about anyone/anything on this board.

I speak my mind also--you ask a dumb question (like could I be pregnant) I give a dumb answer.  That's the way it is/I am.

• Options

Other than this post, which I didn't expect nearly all the drama, when I ask "could I be pregnant" I'll expect snarkiness.

Again I apologize and I'll continue to lurk unless something sticks out to me. Don't want to offend anyone else.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options
    imageclosure17:

Other than this post, which I didn't expect nearly all the drama, when I ask "could I be pregnant" I'll expect snarkiness.

Again I apologize and I'll continue to lurk unless something sticks out to me. Don't want to offend anyone else.

So, please, fill me in on what other types of posts/questions a snakry request is allowed?  I'm not offended in the least.  If you wanna make it around here you gotta have thick skin.

• Options
    ConfusedI'm not understanding the point in calling her out. Lurk more, post less.
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    How exactly do you want her to act?  Sh!tting rainbows?  Every post gushing with puppies and kittens?  Smileys and exclamation points abound?  Please elaborate on how KDG should be posting.
  • Options
    imagecnogal:

If you really think that, you haven't been around for long. People used to get called out all the time. If you have a problem with someone and feel the need to let them know, please do so. A PM is usually better suited though than a public call out. I must say that the reactions to a post like this always depend on who gets called out.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Everything that could be said about lurking and PMing has already been said so I will add this: at least she hasn't DD'd yet, she said she would lurk a bit more and the army comment was pretty funny. Compared to some others, she might do okay here after all.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options

imagemelissa721:
    Everything that could be said about lurking and PMing has already been said so I will add this: at least she hasn't DD'd yet, she said she would lurk a bit more and the army comment was pretty funny. Compared to some others, she might do okay here after all.

No plans to DD, can't wait to see what the Monday rush will have to say. Also I know DD'ing is just as bad as posting this stupid thing.

Anyway thank you.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options
    imageclosure17:

imagemelissa721:

No plans to DD, can't wait to see what the Monday rush will have to say. Also I know DD'ing is just as bad as posting this stupid thing.

Anyway thank you.

This is nothing.  Wait till Tuesday--that's when things get interesting!

• Options
    Oy. I hope I don't become as popular as starkbaby.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

imageclosure17:

Everyone gets flamed as a newb. Consider this your initiation. 

• Options
    imagemelissa721:

imageclosure17:

Ha...well I got my butt handed to me.

TTC #1 since Aug 2011
  • Options

imageclosure17:

Ha! While you did make an a$$hat of yourself, at least you aren't back pedaling like some others have. And I think you have learned a bit about how the board works. So hopefully you'll stick around. There really are great people here. GL to you.

photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageclosure17:
    imagemelissa721:

imageclosure17:

Ha...well I got my butt handed to me.

You'll do OK around here.  Just give it more than 3 days before calling stuff out...

• Options
    You'll do just fine - I hope you stick around.
  • Options
    Wow, you need to lurk a LOT more. It is completely unnecessary to call someone out in a post like this (especially KDG) - that is what PM is for.  It leads me to believe that you are just looking to stir up trouble.
  • Options

imagetwocents6708:
    Wow, you need to lurk a LOT more. It is completely unnecessary to call someone out in a post like this (especially KDG) - that is what PM is for.  It leads me to believe that you are just looking to stir up trouble.

We covered that. She has learned her lesson. Unclench. 

• Options

imageclosure17:

Love it. Welcome to the board...hope you stick around. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageRicola:
    imagecnogal:

If you really think that, you haven't been around for long. People used to get called out all the time. If you have a problem with someone and feel the need to let them know, please do so. A PM is usually better suited though than a public call out. I must say that the reactions to a post like this always depend on who gets called out.

I said I was ultra new a month ago.  So, one month.

<3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    imagecnogal:
    imageRicola:
    imagecnogal:

I said I was ultra new a month ago.  So, one month.

Funny that you try to teach another newbie the "board rules" then.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"