Virginia Babies

Richmond GTG?

Hi all,
I don't know if/when this post will be read since this board is so slow, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to do a get together for the Richmond moms. I work full-time, so I would like to try for a weekend, maybe in April.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Smile

Re: Richmond GTG?

• imagefishcrazybride:

I am in!  

Yay!! I'll give it another day or so to see if we get any other moms.

• Loading the player...
  • BTW, also let me know if you want to include the LO's in our GTG or just moms. That will probably make a difference as to when and where we do this.
  • This is the slowest board ever!  My LO won't be here yet, but I am good with either!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefishcrazybride:
    This is the slowest board ever!  My LO won't be here yet, but I am good with either!

Agreed.

I will see what other moms want to do (LO's or no LO's). I'm fine either way as long as DH is available to take care of DS for a while, otherwise I will have to bring him.

When are you due?

• imageBLykins16:

imagefishcrazybride:
    This is the slowest board ever!  My LO won't be here yet, but I am good with either!

Agreed.

I will see what other moms want to do (LO's or no LO's). I'm fine either way as long as DH is available to take care of DS for a while, otherwise I will have to bring him.

When are you due?

Memorial day, May 30th  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefishcrazybride:
    imageBLykins16:

imagefishcrazybride:

Agreed.

When are you due?

How exciting! Hopefully you will miss the really hot weather. DS was born on June 23rd and I hated going outside on really hot days at nearly 9 months pregnant. I worked up until the day before I went into labor, so I didn't have a choice.

Memorial day, May 30th  

• I would possibly be interested!  I'm about an hour and 20 from RVA. 
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageVABride2008:
    I would possibly be interested!  I'm about an hour and 20 from RVA. 

Great! I am hoping to get a few more moms on board before starting to make plans for a place/time. Hopefully by this weekend we can start looking at some options. Smile

• I just rencentally found this board. :) I know I am a little late but I am down to meet some local bumpies.
  • It looks like we have a least a few moms interested in a GTG. Would Saturday April 30th work for everyone? The 16th is kind of soon and next weekend is Easter weekend. I'm thinking the afternoon might be good. We could try Cartwheels and Coffee (Carytown) or the Children's Museum of Richmond. The only thing about the museum is that the Central location (by the Science museum) is having a 30 cents day, meaning all kids are 30 cents to get in (I think adults are regular price) so it will probably be mobbed. Or we can just pick a park to meet.

Please let me know if the 30th will work for you. Also, let me know if you are interested in any of the places mentioned above, or if you have another location you would like to be considered. Smile

• BTW, in my last post I was assuming that we are bringing the LO's to our GTG. If you would prefer a mom only GTG, you can let me know that too. In that case, our meeting place will probably be a bit different.

• imageBLykins16:

It looks like we have a least a few moms interested in a GTG. Would Saturday April 30th work for everyone? The 16th is kind of soon and next weekend is Easter weekend. I'm thinking the afternoon might be good. We could try Cartwheels and Coffee (Carytown) or the Children's Museum of Richmond. The only thing about the museum is that the Central location (by the Science museum) is having a 30 cents day, meaning all kids are 30 cents to get in (I think adults are regular price) so it will probably be mobbed. Or we can just pick a park to meet.

Please let me know if the 30th will work for you. Also, let me know if you are interested in any of the places mentioned above, or if you have another location you would like to be considered. Smile

We will be outta town that weekend. :(

• imageStarfly13:
    imageBLykins16:

It looks like we have a least a few moms interested in a GTG. Would Saturday April 30th work for everyone? The 16th is kind of soon and next weekend is Easter weekend. I'm thinking the afternoon might be good. We could try Cartwheels and Coffee (Carytown) or the Children's Museum of Richmond. The only thing about the museum is that the Central location (by the Science museum) is having a 30 cents day, meaning all kids are 30 cents to get in (I think adults are regular price) so it will probably be mobbed. Or we can just pick a park to meet.

We have a birthday party to attend that day. 

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageVABride2008:
    imageStarfly13:
    imageBLykins16:

We have a birthday party to attend that day. 

Thanks for the responses. I'd be happy to get together some time in May. I think I will let someone else take the lead though. Smile

• so I'm super late to this reply- LO isn't here yet (due 5/25) but I'd love to take part in a GTG sometime.  We moved here from NC about 2 months ago and I really don't know anyone here yet!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • imagealliejoe:
    so I'm super late to this reply- LO isn't here yet (due 5/25) but I'd love to take part in a GTG sometime.  We moved here from NC about 2 months ago and I really don't know anyone here yet!

Hi Allie! I'm not sure when there will be a GTG anytime soon. This board is pretty dead most of the time. I'd love to do a GTG, but so far the response hasn't been great and I don't have a lot of time to keep on top of organizing one.

Hopefully someone will be able to pull one together soon. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"