High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Lantus Insuling during pregnancy

Has anyone taken Lantus insuling during pregnancy?  I have diabetes and have been on metformin (per my endocrinilogist) but my cardiologist noticed in my bloodwork that there is acid in my blood which is from the metformin.  Also my CO2 is low and my heart rate is very high so he wanted me to stop taking it asap.  I spoke to my endo who didn't 100% agree but said to monitor my sugar w/out anything for a few days and if it gets too high again then I will need to go on insulin for the remainder of my pregnancy and said she'd prescribe Lantus pen.  I've looked online to see if there are any risks/problems during pregnancy but am seeing mixed responses.  Anyone have any info? Thanks.

Re: Lantus Insuling during pregnancy

• Options
    I know of a lot of ppl with diabetes who have used lantus during pregnancy without problems.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Taking Lantus at night.  The only problem I have is that it doesn't lower my glucose levels nearly enough.  I do better not taking it, than taking it.  I have a check on the diabetes meds this Sat, though, so maybe it'll get stopped.  (My mom is also on this and it doesn't really work for her, either.)  I'm also on Humalog during the day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a Type II and I was on Lantus before pregnancy. When I got pregnant - I was switched to Humulin N. I'm not really sure why. I didn't ask because I knew my entire regimen was going to change once I got pregnant. I was on Lantus at night and Metformin ER for years. My OB and endo both agreed to switch my Lantus to Humulin N and to come off the Metformin (when I got pregnant) and switch to Novolog with meals.
    10-01-06 ~ This is the day I married my best friend Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"